Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you like to see added in software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Peugeot provides data for the sides of the car by remembering what was there when it was in the field of view. There's no reason Tesla couldn't do that, but if the surrounding are dynamic it could produce dangerously misleading images...
Exactly. And it mainly uses the rear camera to “remember” what it saw, when backing in to a spot. Good enough to tell if you are parked evenly between the lines, which is what I miss most from my Leaf.

For the non-believers out there, go to 12:55, to see a demo of how it’s done:

• Informative
Reactions: SeBsZ
[ ] Click the speedometer to change between mph and kmh
[ ] Ability to show both miles and percentage at same time
[ ] Weather app
[ ] Movable apps (from drawer to the three shortcuts)
[ ] More voice controls
[ ] Control wipers from scroll wheel after a tap of wiper button.
[ ] Full time AWD winter mode
[ ] Energy app could show where energy draw is coming from, or how much climate control is using.
[ ] Indication if HVAC is using heater or chiller
[ ] Charging app should show history, like how much energy was consumed from last several charges
[ ] Trip app needs waypoints, battery reserves, should be built into mobile phone, basically just buy and integrate ABRP
[ ] Release notes for car should be available from mobile app
[ ] Calculator app / voice assistant should be able to do math
[ ] Schedule car to be charged by a time
[ ] Change car charging schedule by mobile app
[ ] Ability to talk to Siri or Google Assistant over Bluetooth
[ ] Official Google home/Alexa app
[ ] Text messages
[ ] Ability to Show video feed of repeater cameras when using turn signals
[ ] Fan control by sliding on fan button like we can with temp
[ ] Chademo/CCS adapter

Allow you to set the distance from the garage door that it closes - just like you can for opening. I pull the car out and before my wife can leave the garage the door starts closing.

While you're at it, geo tagged homelink auto trigger in reverse. Right now, it only triggers to open on approach in Drive.

For those of us who back into the garage, that's inconvenient - you either have to set it to switch beyond the driveway and have it not work every time (though the new car seems to be better at it,) or not use it.

The only thing I've heard on the subject is that Chill reduces the max regen.

This only decreases efficiency if you are in Chill and have to hit the brakes because the regen isn't enough to slow the car, so the efficiency loss is conditional based on driving style.

I was intrigued by this claim, so played with it a bit today. Bottom line is I don't think _Acceleration_ set to "Chill" affects regen much, if at all, vs "Standard". For example, lifting the Go pedal at 50 mph with _Regenerative Braking_ set to "Standard" moves the green bar almost below the "N" on the display - whether Acceleration is set to Chill or or Standard. Doing the same at 75 mph can move the green bar almost to the "R" - whether in Chill or not. Then I set _Regenerative Braking_ to "Low". In this case, lifting at 75 mph, the green bar goes about half way to the "D" - again whether in "Chill" or not.

It is certainly possible that there are more subtle differences in regen between Acceleration set to Chill vs Standard. Are there some plots around of speed vs regen that might show this?

It is certainly possible that there are more subtle differences in regen between Acceleration set to Chill vs Standard. Are there some plots around of speed vs regen that might show this?

If so, I haven't seen them. I'm not really sure if the claim is true or not - I've seen it repeated a bunch of times, but never with real data to support or deny.

If so, I haven't seen them. I'm not really sure if the claim is true or not - I've seen it repeated a bunch of times, but never with real data to support or deny.

It just finally occurred to me that I can probably figure this out without getting fancy OBDII information on the car. Any modern smartphone has accelerometers, and there are plenty of apps out there to record data from them. A decrease in regen would mean a decrease in deceleration, so it should be fairly simple to test that way. I'll have to experiment. :)

Every on ramp merge needs to be geo-fenced so the car follows the lane mark on the left and doesn't swerve right trying to get in the middle of the left lane marker and the merging line on the right of the merging lane. Dangerous now. I noticed in NY they have dotted lines across the merging lane which will prevent the drift to the right, but in WA no such dots.

Reactions: EVnut