Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you like to see added in software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When reversing/parallel parking, it would be useful to see the view of left and right side-repeater cameras flanking the main rear view camera.
This. Or at least cross-traffic alerts when reversing. I’m surprised Tesla hasn’t done this yet - even the weak sauce ICE loaner I had once was able to do this. I mean Cuphead looks fun and all, but...

This. Or at least cross-traffic alerts when reversing. I’m surprised Tesla hasn’t done this yet - even the weak sauce ICE loaner I had once was able to do this. I mean Cuphead looks fun and all, but...

Much like the 360 overhead parking view- the car simply lacks the ability to offer this.

Most other car makers do this with rear radar- which the Tesla does not have.

There's a reason auto-park pulls into spaces backward.

Better phone integration for music and text messages. More options for scheduled charging (based on departure time? based on rates for ToU folks?)

As someone said upthread, being able to play back the sentry and dashcam footage on the screen would be useful. Maybe also play movies from the USB drive (when parked, of course.)

As much of a 360 visualization as the car can give. It won't be great forward, but it should be decent otherwise. The lower window where the Ultrasonics show up could have the visualization superimposed on it.

Waze on the main screen, or maybe a Tesla built equivalent using data from the AP NNs.

Supercharger queuing on arrival, and data showing which stall to choose if no unpaired options are free.

Besides the obvious one (Spotify) here are mine:
  • Being able to set my charge limit easily, the interface is choppy on the app and in the car for seemingly no reason - trying to set it to 95% is an exercise in frustration
  • Move the damn +/- buttons to the drivers side of the map for the love of all that is good in the world, I have to lean over to zoom in my map which always seems dangerous
  • Ability to set "locking conditions" like "roll up all windows" upon locking of the car
  • Ability to turn off music fade when you open your drivers side door, sometimes I want my music to continue playing at the same volume
  • USB music, how about make it even somewhat competent? I have a Rio MP3 player from 15 years ago with more robust playback features, not to mention if you favorite songs the list will constantly just be deleted from the usb drive. I see people praising the Model 3 infotainment system on these boards yet without Spotify, apple play, android play and even an average MP3 player I don't see it.

-A mode to monitor all of the electron efficiency drain vitals relative to speed, motor efficiencies at speed, tire pressure, etc. Including an Excel file dump of that info.

What is the point of Chill mode???? It is most inefficient-

-Variable Chill Mode
Explain the inefficiency of Chill mode? I keep it on chill mode to prevent rabbit starts, but maybe I could be wrong.

Thanks

1. Bird’s eye view (the Peugeot 3008 does it with only front and rear facing cameras, so it can be done with software)

I mean- no, it physically can't. The front camera on the Peugot is in the very front of the car, facing forward and down.

The front cameras on the model 3 are at the top of the windshield and can't see below the hood/front of the car.

Software isn't magic.

2. Speed-based variable follow distance in autopilot

It already has this AFAIK

1-7 settings are seconds of follow distance allegedly, which would vary be speed.

Explain the inefficiency of Chill mode? I keep it on chill mode to prevent rabbit starts, but maybe I could be wrong.

Thanks

The only thing I've heard on the subject is that Chill reduces the max regen.

This only decreases efficiency if you are in Chill and have to hit the brakes because the regen isn't enough to slow the car, so the efficiency loss is conditional based on driving style.

• Disagree
Reactions: Andrew_SE23
I mean- no, it physically can't. The front camera on the Peugot is in the very front of the car, facing forward and down.

The front cameras on the model 3 are at the top of the windshield and can't see below the hood/front of the car.

Software isn't magic.

Peugeot provides data for the sides of the car by remembering what was there when it was in the field of view. There's no reason Tesla couldn't do that, but if the surrounding are dynamic it could produce dangerously misleading images...

Reactions: fseir
The only thing I've heard on the subject is that Chill reduces the max regen.

This only decreases efficiency if you are in Chill and have to hit the brakes because the regen isn't enough to slow the car, so the efficiency loss is conditional based on driving style.
Nope, you have Chill mode confused with Creeping mode, Creeping mode engages when you get down to slower speeds, guessing under 15mph, removing the ability to continue to regenerate. I have creeping mode off. One of the YouTube videos explained that.

Here you go, most people don’t know this:

Fred

Last edited:
Nope, you have Chill mode confused with Creeping mode, Creeping mode engages when you get down to slower speeds, guessing under 15mph, removing the ability to continue to regenerate. I have creeping mode off. One of the YouTube videos explained that.

Fred

I do not.

Creep really doesn't do much to regen - by the time it is kicking in the regen is basically dead anyway, and there's almost no kinetic energy left in the car to salvage.

Chill is said to reduce the peak regen at all speeds just like it reduces peak acceleration, though I haven't seen an actual scientific test to see how much it is reduced by.

Beef up the Music player for songs on USB. It should:
  1. Play from folder to folder automatically, and remember where it was when it stopped.
  2. Shuffle between folders instead of songs. I.e. Play all songs in one folder and then go to another random folder automatically.
  3. Let me play all songs for one particular artist; currently I can only choose to play all songs under one genre.
  4. Support the displaying of lyrics file. Better yet, download the lyrics automatically!
If it already does the above, please advise!

Reactions: Legolas
Add AM to the radio. Not sure how to listen to Sports in a Model 3. I have to use my phone for Live video streaming instead.

Check to see if your desired AM station is available as a stream via Tunein. Fortunately the AM stations I tend to listen to are on Tunein. Plus I've been able to Tunein on others around the country that otherwise wouldn't have been possible. (Even a couple that are on shortwave.)

Last edited:
Much like the 360 overhead parking view- the car simply lacks the ability to offer this.
I’m not sure. Have you seen the Autopilot camera views stitched together at
? I’m just asking for a way to tell if cars are coming laterally when pulling out. The cameras look like they have enough field of view to see vehicles at those angles. Granted, it’s a harder software problem without rear radar, but not impossible. Seems like hardly anyone likes to stop anymore when someone is pulling out of a parking spot - it’s a shame that common courtesy is on life support.

Reactions: ash9.58