Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you like to see added in software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every on ramp merge needs to be geo-fenced so the car follows the lane mark on the left and doesn't swerve right trying to get in the middle of the left lane marker and the merging line on the right of the merging lane. Dangerous now. I noticed in NY they have dotted lines across the merging lane which will prevent the drift to the right, but in WA no such dots.

That's not Tesla's AP philosophy. They've been trying very hard not to geofence and custom solve any location - lots of extra data for the car to keep, opportunities to miss something, and risks when something changes.

Instead, they need to teach the NN not to steer into the middle of the lane as aggressively when the lane abruptly widens because of a merge.

Things I would love to see added in the future:
  • Teslacam recording of rear camera.
  • Ability to review sentry mode incidents on main screen
  • Ability to view, wipe or erase teslacam recordings from main screen without having to take USB out and plug into computer
  • Ability to view teslacam live camera feed remotely via phone

Reactions: follow.johnny
  • Ability to view, wipe or erase teslacam recordings from main screen without having to take USB out and plug into computer

Would love these, especially the top 3.

I’d like to be able to adjust AP, so that I’m not always tracking in the middle of the lane. If I’m in the left lane, I’d like to track 6” to the left of center. And if I’m in the rightmost lane, I’d like to track 6” to the right of center. Gives more room, allows for lane splitting motorcycles, allows me to avoid the likely pothole line, and may be slightly less greasy when it starts to rain.

Mostly great things. Not sure I'm a fan of the wipe/erase from the main screen - certainly something I'd hate to do accidentally or have someone do while I wasn't there in some cases.

1- Min Max Climate settings. In the cooler mornings, I set it to 69 to minimize any heat used. In the afternoon I set it to 75 to be comfortable. Inevitably, I get blasted by hot 75F air in the morning and frigid 69F in the afternoon when I get in. I don’t want heat to turn on if the temp is above 69 nor do I want AC unless the temp is above 75F. So like my home thermostat, I want to set min and max temperatures, not just a single setpoint
2- Bird’s eye view – cameras don’t have 100% coverage, but it would be useful to see what coverage they do provide in an integrated bird’s eye view (with gaps where there are no cameras). At the very least, show the rear camera with left/right rear cameras in one view.
3- Sentry mode: Playback in car, starting a few seconds before indexed events, so you don’t have to go searching. Includes ability to delete uninteresting videos. Sensitivity setting so a bird flying by wont trigger it..
4- Variable wiper sensitivity..can re-use the existing wiper slider to be sensitivity if Auto is selected.
5- Radar overlay on the map display.
6- Ability to have TACC default to current speed
7- Auto unlock Charge port without touching the doors.
8- More robust route planner (have “A Better Routeplanner” configurable features)
9- More intelligent lane centering. If you’re on a divided freeway in an edge lane, have the car be nudged away from parallel traffic. Don’t always try to center as lanes widen when adding a new lane.

Mostly great things. Not sure I'm a fan of the wipe/erase from the main screen - certainly something I'd hate to do accidentally or have someone do while I wasn't there in some cases.

Yes, agree with you there. I'm just finding that I have to erase or reformat my USB every week or two now because it keeps filling up for some reason even when I'm not saving any footage. Perhaps I need to try a different USB, but instead of keeping a rolling set of 10 one minute clips like it used to, my camera is saving a full hour of "recent" clips now while just driving...not sure if that was an intended change.

Yes, agree with you there. I'm just finding that I have to erase or reformat my USB every week or two now because it keeps filling up for some reason even when I'm not saving any footage. Perhaps I need to try a different USB, but instead of keeping a rolling set of 10 one minute clips like it used to, my camera is saving a full hour of "recent" clips now while just driving...not sure if that was an intended change.

I bought a $60 "rugged" SSD from Amazon and split it in half for music and TeslaCam, and I haven't had any issues. USB sticks are more finnicky, especially with the repeated overwriting the car will be doing.

I’d like to be able to adjust AP, so that I’m not always tracking in the middle of the lane. If I’m in the left lane, I’d like to track 6” to the left of center. And if I’m in the rightmost lane, I’d like to track 6” to the right of center. Gives more room, allows for lane splitting motorcycles, allows me to avoid the likely pothole line, and may be slightly less greasy when it starts to rain.

I like this one too. Even if it wasn't automatic, we could bump the bias left or right kind of how we adjust follow distance.

1. Possibly a douche_bag mode :p when using AP in rush hour traffic so the car moves quicker off the line to keep up with traffic in front.
2. Premium connectivity subscription option for non premium pkg cars. I have been told by two service people that this is definitely coming soon though.

Link phone keys to driver profiles so mine gets selected when I unlock and get in. Anyone who doesn't appreciate this does not have other shorter people driving the car. I regularly have Indiana Jones moments when I hit the brake, realize it's on Temple of Doom mode as my face heads towards the windshield and desperately try to hit that tiny button on the touchscreen to save my legs from being crushed.

Reactions: BZM3 and G78M3
Here in Europe we would very much like the software to include automatic unlocking of the charge port on approach. Only Tesla chargers have a button for this - when using other makes of chargers a manual unlocking via screen or app is tedious.

If you are talking about opening the charge port if the car is already unlocked, you can do that already just by touching the closed port lid with your finger and the port will open.

I have RWD and perhaps they could have a mode to disable AWD for efficiency. I know with RWD I really only need AWD for winter driving and it's not fully required so most of the time it's useless unless you are doing 0-60 sprints. Wonder if some AWD owners would like that as an option when you are going for the best efficiency. Or for example when you have 100 miles of range left it automatically goes RWD (configurable) kind of like battery saver mode.

I have RWD and perhaps they could have a mode to disable AWD for efficiency. I know with RWD I really only need AWD for winter driving and it's not fully required so most of the time it's useless unless you are doing 0-60 sprints. Wonder if some AWD owners would like that as an option when you are going for the best efficiency. Or for example when you have 100 miles of range left it automatically goes RWD (configurable) kind of like battery saver mode.

Pretty sure the car is already doing that internally where it'll help you. Tesla came up with "Torque Sleep" years ago to improve the efficiency of dual motor cars by letting one motor idle/spin freely when you don't need the power.

You don't get the same efficiency as a RWD because you still have the extra weight and the rolling resistance to spin the motor, gears, and bearings - and you can't get away from that without adding some sort of clutch to physically disconnect the motor.

Reactions: ALSETJC
I checked through all these good suggestions, but I didn’t see anyone suggest an Engine Noise app... use the immersive sound to provide a V8 experience (with perhaps a drop-down list to select the alternatives; four-cylinder, rotary, V10 or V12).

Naturally, the sound will vary not only with speed but also with load, I expect a throaty induction roar as well as an exhaust burble on the overrun :)

-Alex

• Funny
Reactions: BZM3
I checked through all these good suggestions, but I didn’t see anyone suggest an Engine Noise app... use the immersive sound to provide a V8 experience (with perhaps a drop-down list to select the alternatives; four-cylinder, rotary, V10 or V12).

Naturally, the sound will vary not only with speed but also with load, I expect a throaty induction roar as well as an exhaust burble on the overrun :)

-Alex

You're correct that it hasn't been suggested in this thread.

Like the fart app, it's not something that I'd ever use.

But it shouldn't take much in the way of resources either, and maybe there are some people who want to disrupt the peace of their drive that way.

At least they won't be annoying everyone else like the performance ICE cars and motorcycles do.

Reactions: alexGS