Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you pay for more unlocked acceleration?

What's the max you would you pay for an additional .5 faster 0-60 time?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's say Tesla can actually unlock more speed for the M3P, and likely the slower models as well. What would you pay for a .5 second faster 0-60 time?

I would kill for more jerk off the line as well. Elon, are you there? Take my money!

As a side note, would you give up even more range for this? Tire life? What else would be affected?

Reactions: Sweet OJ
It's such an efficient car I don't mind dipping deeply into the accelerator quite often and I don't do huge day trips most of the time so reduced range is no big deal. Traction control is pretty good so I bet tire life would be affected but not hugely so. I suppose the drive unit could be affected but having no data who knows?

Insurance rates could go up to. The car is borderline too fast for a sizable population as it is. :p

Yep cause I already did right? AWD + $$$ to get faster acceleration (no 20" rims etc on my car). Sounds way more crazy now then it did when I first did this...

When the first of the many refund-tweeted threads came out, my first thought was to trade 'my refund' for P3 extra crazy mood.. course no refund here yet .. ever?

Still depending on what and how much, junkies like to feed their habits..

That would require a second gear.

Certainly would help. Sadly this is not going to give the 2-3x higher torque at the wheels at 60mph requested by @UltralightBeam! Maybe 30% higher though, based on the P3D dyno plots, which isn’t nothing.

Seems like you’d need double the HP to get that requested massive acceleration increase at 60mph. But if Tesla hooks them up with that, I suspect they won’t care about a second gear too much anymore...though it would still help.

I’m cool with the current passing speeds. Seems fast enough for safety!

Reactions: UltralightBeam
For those of you who voted $2500, are you awd or awd p? As you get closer to 0, it takes exponentially more power/energy to lower a 0-60 time.

Energy required is the same to get to 60, neglecting I^2*R losses and other inefficiencies. But as you say, for every halving of 0-60 time, average power requirement during the run doubles. Going to be traction limited on the first halving though. You’ll need those racing slicks everyone is pining for. :)

From what I've heard other people say, the pilot 4s is
Energy required is the same to get to 60, neglecting I^2*R losses and other inefficiencies. But as you say, for every halving of 0-60 time, average power requirement during the run doubles. Going to be traction limited on the first halving though. You’ll need those racing slicks everyone is pining for. :)
way more than enough grip for the max torque at this point. So that's a plus I guess?

From what I've heard other people say, the pilot 4s is

way more than enough grip for the max torque at this point. So that's a plus I guess?

Yes, plenty of grip as long as it’s not cold. And even with the inadequate power and the sluggish, terribly insufficient off-the-line torque, I think you’ll still be able to power out of dangerous situations. :)

Yes, plenty of grip as long as it’s not cold. And even with the inadequate power and the sluggish, terribly insufficient off-the-line torque, I think you’ll still be able to power out of dangerous situations. :)

Definitely not inadequate, but definitely not as good as a comparable ICE sports cars. Looking forward to getting tingling g's besides when I accelerate from 30 mph, even if that means a different car...

Can't wait to see how these evolve!