Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you pay to rent a Tesla Model S for a day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After owning and driving a Tesla, I really hate to go to trip and have to rent a regular ICE car. There are many other reasons that someone would want to rent a Tesla Model S. Now there are some rental companies (i.e. Hertz) saying they will include in their dream cars fleet.

The question I have is: What would you pay to rent a Tesla Model S for a day?

Feel free to elaborate on your answer. If you have a set amount, let me know. If you think there would be a difference between the base model (i.e. 60 kwh battery pack version) vs the highest version available (i.e. P85+, with many options), then feel free to add those differences to your cost.

Somewhere on another thread it was stated that Hertz is charging $500/day, plus extra for miles... for a very basic version of the vehicle.

What are some of the challenges that you think could occur?

Thank you for your input. Interested to know your thoughts.
Hitesh

The going rental prices for cars vary by location of the rental car place. They vary wildly. The most popular locations seem to charge large premiums -- I suppose they figure people won't spring for the taxi to get to the less-well-located rental car locations, but if you're renting for a week or more, the taxi's likely to be worth it.

It varies by market, too.

I'd pay the going price for an ICE car of the "luxury" class ("Lincoln Town Car or equivalent") plus about $24/day to account for the saved gas costs.

For a random example, I looked up the prices of rental cars in Minneapolis (where I occasionally visit), and the "luxury" class usually goes for $60-$80/day, though some places are charging $190/day. So I'd say I'd pay $125/day to rent a Model S in the Minneapolis market. Maybe a bit more. Not more than $150/day, certainly.

Of course, other markets have different going prices, which would adjust what I'd be willing to pay.