Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What year is my Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered our Model Y 3 weeks ago and my delivery date was April and now February-March is it going to be a 2021 or 2022 model?

TIA
If recent history is an indicator, Tesla typically starts producing new model year vehicles in October and those with November delivery dates (some in late Oct as well) report receiving new model years per their VIN. Best way to find out is asking those who have recently taken delivery if their VINs reflect model year 2021 or 2022. But since your EDD is next year, you'll most certainly have a 2022 when you take delivery.

Reactions: Lucas007
If recent history is an indicator, Tesla typically starts producing new model year vehicles in October and those with November delivery dates (some in late Oct as well) report receiving new model years per their VIN. Best way to find out is asking those who have recently taken delivery if their VINs reflect model year 2021 or 2022. But since your EDD is next year, you'll most certainly have a 2022 when you take delivery.
I sure hope so. Thank you.

Not meant to be a rhetorical question or sound sarcastic, but is there a difference between a 2022 vs 2021 model? Has Tesla announced something significant in the 2022 models? Just curious.
Nothing yet but if last year with the Model 3 is any indicator then we should find out in about December if there will be any changes. Just be aware that last year brought alot of changes for the Model 3 but that vehicle had also been out for about 3 years whereas the Model Y will only be approaching 2.

Tesla does not make changes to a model year, they simply add or sometimes remove features on the fly. This happens all year long having nothing to do with model year. The only big change I have seen with Tesla models is the S/X refresh which is arguably a 2021 model then again I assume they will be producing 2022's in the next few weeks with once again no changes or some minor things we do not even see.

24327D5A-A878-4635-904B-6A8A7DBB8009.jpeg
2022 vins started hitting buyers this November. So by the time you Get your vin it should be a 2022.