Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whatever Happened to the "Full Voice Control" For the 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering. I remember I think it was late 2017, or early 2018, when Musk tweeted something about eventually making all of the 3's functions/controls having voice control/commands. So far, though there are a few newer commands in some of the updates, this has not really come to pass, certainly not a 100% voice-controllable system. Anybody hear anything about this, lately? Just wondering, because I think it would be awesome . . . .

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/16/e...be-able-to-do-pretty-much-anything-via-voice/

m3voice.jpg

As long as you have a passenger... give any voice command you want and have them hunt and peck on the console to get 'er done.

I have my kids in the back use a wireless mouse to do whatever on the console, it's a game.

It's free. Easy. Can do it now. No need to wait for Tesla software.

Well, it depends on the passenger(s), how free this solution is . . . . . two kids are not "free". Fun, yes, but not "free" by any stretch of the term, "free" . . . .

So, I guess every car with a passenger becomes a "voice control" car . . . because you can ask the passenger to do whatever, using your voice: "can you turn on the a/c?" "Hey, tune the radio to . . . " That sort of thing.

What I want, is to be able to say, "Switch Regen to Low" and "Switch Regen to Standard", and the car would then just make that switch. Currently those menu options are at least two menus deep, and distracting to do. Unless you have a passenger to do it for you . . . .

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I'm sure Tesla has enough programmers that multiple projects can be done simultaneously.

This is called assuming facts not in evidence :)

The fact they very routinely miss deadlines for software features/updates, and there are extremely basic features lots of owners have asked for for years they still don't have (a stop charging time for example, or anything beyond the most basic of voice commands) suggests it's not actually a fact either.

Early on everyone was worked up about having to touch the screen while driving all the time, so asked for voice commands. Other UI enhancements and button wheel changes have negated need for a lot of those things in my opinion. I rarely touch the screen while driving now. Maybe Tesla saw that with others and lowered the priority for new voice commands. They would still be cool, but I no longer consider them critical.

• Disagree
Reactions: jsmay311