Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's a "Rapid Delivery Vehicle"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Long-Range RWD Model 3 last week. Today I contacted the local Tesla showroom to see if they have any demo models of my car that I can buy now for a demo discount. They wrote back that they have some Model 3's in my color choice that are on their way here, but they all have AWD, and they haven't been driven at all yet so there would be no discount. He referred to them as "rapid delivery vehicles." I decided to pass because I live in a warm climate and don't want to spend the extra money on AWD. But it got me wondering what a "rapid delivery vehicle" is,and how is it different from ordering and waiting, like (I thought) everyone had to do?

I ordered a Long-Range RWD Model 3 last week. Today I contacted the local Tesla showroom to see if they have any demo models of my car that I can buy now for a demo discount. They wrote back that they have some Model 3's in my color choice that are on their way here, but they all have AWD, and they haven't been driven at all yet so there would be no discount. He referred to them as "rapid delivery vehicles." I decided to pass because I live in a warm climate and don't want to spend the extra money on AWD. But it got me wondering what a "rapid delivery vehicle" is,and how is it different from ordering and waiting, like (I thought) everyone had to do?

Probably similar to the delivery events they held in southern CA. Will just deliver to someone who comes in for that specific config