Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's a used 85 no AP worth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if it's family:
you should sell for 45k, and consider any 'loss' as good will to family and an investment in your future happiness.

the reason I say this: your father in law should actually go call Tesla and get an inventory 75 with auto pilot, better battery chemistry, and overall better build for 73k minus federal EV tax credit = about 65k as long as he takes delivery by 9/30. (see the threads on end of q3 firesale).

on the other hand, maybe that's what you're doing...

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
if it's family:
you should sell for 45k, and consider any 'loss' as good will to family and an investment in your future happiness.

the reason I say this: your father in law should actually go call Tesla and get an inventory 75 with auto pilot, better battery chemistry, and overall better build for 73k minus federal EV tax credit = about 65k as long as he takes delivery by 9/30. (see the threads on end of q3 firesale).

on the other hand, maybe that's what you're doing...
Agree. And or let him trade it in and save on taxes and just take trade in amount in cash and split tax savings

Looks like BlueBook only has 70 and 70D

For 2014 I see the 85, P85, and P85D on there. To select between the 85 and 60 you need to select just Sedan 4D and then select the battery size on the next screen. What year are you looking at?

Kelly Blue Book also has a different pricing system between CPO and private party. Private party is always going to be less than CPO.

Trading in a car will almost always get you a lot less than selling it yourself. The dealer, or in this case Tesla, needs to make a profit after cleaning up the car, checking it over, and fixing any problems. In Tesla's case they will be likely offering a CPO warranty too which costs them money.

Forget about KBB and NADA. You need to find the Black Book price. This is what the dealers use to price cars. It has the current auction prices, or one or two week out prices. This is the number that the dealers use on your trade in. Dealers buy at Black Book, and sell at the higher KBB or NADA price, so you think you are getting a deal.

Edmonds TMV tends to be fairly good. Will be lower than KBB or NADA.