TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What's best (fastest) place to charge Tesla near Greenville?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by jsaccio, Mar 8, 2015.

1. jsaccio

jsaccio Member

Until the SC is completed, can someone recommend a fast public near Greenville? We want to to travel from Charlotte to Atlanta round trip and need a good place to charge along the way. I see several chargers in Plugshare but it would be nice to hear from someone who is familiar with the area. thank you. joe

2. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

When I did that route last, I stopped at the Yonah Vineyards in Cleveland, GA (NE of ATL). They have four 80A HPWC. Have some wine while charging!

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Plugshare only shows 30 amp public chargers, but there are quite a few RV parks shown on rvparking.com just look for 50 amp chargers (RV parks don't understand NEMA 14-50, they only understand 30 amp or 50 amp).

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

One of the main reasons I am looking for an 85 vs. a 60 is because of regular trips between Charlotte and Atlanta. Glad to hear there are options. I always figured we could stay at an RV park for a bit or overnight, but I kept getting told how we don't have to do with both of our current ICEs. Hope you have a great trip!

6. jsaccio

jsaccio Member

thank you. a little off the path buts looks like a nice stop.

7. babyrocket

babyrocket Member

#7 babyrocket, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    FWIW, I can make it from Charlotte to the Decatur supercharger in an 85 without stopping as long as I'm careful (not too speedy). Having a SC in Greenville would make it a carefree trip without having to worry about temperature and speed, can't come too soon!

8. jfe_md

jfe_md Member

I drove from the Charlotte SC to Suwanee today in a P85D. I stopped at the Tanger Outlet in Commerce and charged (J1772; 20m/hr=slow) for an hour to get a little cushion. I averaged around 305Wh/m so definitely could have made it without the charge. Getting to Decatur or midtown SC would be really pushing it. Planning on doing the same on my return trip. Weather today was great for the battery.

9. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

Duluth supercharger? You mean the Nissan dealer's Chademo in Duluth GA? Or NRG Chademo in Buford GA (Mall of Georgia)? I would definitely point people towards the latter, and anyway it's an easy choice because it's about 13 miles closer (to Charlotte).

10. babyrocket

babyrocket Member

Brain cramp, I meant Decatur (corrected above)