Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's better saving money on gas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saving money on electricity to charge my car!

Plugged in at work for the first time today and was happy that my chargepoint account was properly set up. Just had to share :D

$50/yr for unlimited charging at all chargepoint stations in the city. I love this car! :D (though it technically is for any EV)

IMG_0773.PNG

Congrats on your first charge. Chargepoint sent me an email saying "I kicked gas" after my first charge.

Of course there are downsides to being an EV owner. I realized that the windshield on my Model X was getting much dirtier than my ICE car. Then I realized I did not buy gas so never cleaned the windows while waiting for the tank to fill.:D

And since switching over to driving the Tesla day to day, the best thing is I really don't care about the price of gas any more. $2.50/gal. $3.00/gal, $3.50/gal, whatever.:cool:

And since switching over to driving the Tesla day to day, the best thing is I really don't care about the price of gas any more. $2.50/gal. $3.00/gal, $3.50/gal, whatever.:cool:
I love the conversations around the office or family gatherings talking/complaining about the gas price. I have no idea the price of gas and its so fun to throw that into the convo. Or to boast the "MPG" my car gets :cool:

i paid over $85 in gasoline on a business trip last week in an ICE rental for 4 days worth of driving. Was super annoyed. Thats basically my entire month's power bill.

Dang electricity must be cheap in Baton Rouge. Just keeping the lights on and AC running in my house runs $250+/mo during the summer, before I started charging the Tesla! Then there is the $200 water bill.... Got to replace some of the lawns with gravel.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
You must have done some serious driving in 4 days to rack up an $85 bill

about 450 miles worth. Infiniti Q50 too, so required premium gasoline. Yes i know its a rental who cares, but whatever.

Dang electricity must be cheap in Baton Rouge. Just keeping the lights on and AC running in my house runs $250+/mo during the summer, before I started charging the Tesla! Then there is the $200 water bill.... Got to replace some of the lawns with gravel.

Yeah CA prices are insane, my parents live there and i've seen the rates. Its somewhere between 8-10c/kwh here. I'm out of the house most of the time too so it just sits and does nothing.

I signed up for ChargePoint and Blink 8 months ago. I thought I would have to use it on longer trips when there is no Supercharger around. So far I have not need to use any of them yet. :p Wonder if I should do a test charge just to see if the account works LOL.