Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's considered an "early VIN" car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short answer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Long answer: Maybe, maybe not. Some cars seem afflicted with nothing but trouble. A friend got a Model X Founders Edition (the very first cars off the line) and, aside from a single trip to the Service Center to re-align the falcon wing doors, it's been practically flawless.

Last edited:
My VIN is in the lower 000200's. In the first 10 months it had been in for service 177 days and there is at least another 6-8 weeks of work to be done. Based on what I have read I am the winner of having the worst lemon award. Tesla is allowing me to order a replacement. It should arrive in March. The problems just never ends. I am sure they will just resell it and someone will think they are getting a deal as it only has 4K miles on it.

My VIN is in the lower 000200's. In the first 10 months it had been in for service 177 days and there is at least another 6-8 weeks of work to be done. Based on what I have read I am the winner of having the worst lemon award. Tesla is allowing me to order a replacement. It should arrive in March. The problems just never ends. I am sure they will just resell it and someone will think they are getting a deal as it only has 4K miles on it.

It's supposed to be tagged with a manufacturer buyback/lemon title if that's the case. They could still resell it, but it would be branded

I have a similar situation. Early VIN and I have been debating if I am past the issues point or should I just get a new one. I know the new one does not have unlimited supper charging and a small price to pay on top.

I have a similar situation. Early VIN and I have been debating if I am past the issues point or should I just get a new one. I know the new one does not have unlimited supper charging and a small price to pay on top.
I was guarantee by the Regional Service Manager in writing that I would have free Supercharger miles for life. It happens it is being delivered in Early March. I believe the cutoff was suppose to be April 1. I never heard this date changed.

I was guarantee by the Regional Service Manager in writing that I would have free Supercharger miles for life. It happens it is being delivered in Early March. I believe the cutoff was suppose to be April 1. I never heard this date changed.
Is it the same as paying the price for the miles on the car that is being returned and then pay the new price on the cost vs. what we paid originally. Which means we are paying more.