Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's everyones insurance renewals this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In answer to my own question which I think M3LRblack may have missed;

Peugeot renewal has landed - increased from £303 last year to £396 this time. Puts them pretty much on a par with the best offers from Go Compare and Direct Line, leaving aside Telematcs versions.
I thought Peugeot had stopped insuring Tesla’s? When I switched to my Y they tried to pull the cover. Hoping they send me a renewal!

Model Y due renewal next week £888 Direct Line. Most on meercats over $2000. Post Office £5500. 76 yo. 20+years NCB. My 12 year old 2.2 Freelander was £230 last year.

Not at renewal yet but paid £1500. 31 Y/O based in North East London with 11 NCB. How on earth are people getting £300-£700?
They don't live in London!

Reactions: Jason71
I figured some nice owners live out of the capital but it would be interesting to benchmark those that live in the capital
not scientific but most of the worst quotes people have reported are London based.
I am guessing the average car spends more time parked on street in London than most places. due to lack of driveways and the nature of parking in London (my car spends approximately 0% of its time parked on street) Also accidents are more likely due to the higher traffic density, even if you don't frequent Park Royal ( too soon?).
So I think the chances of a car getting damaged while driving or parked in London will be many many times higher than it is for me in Shropshire
and with the high cost of repairs + lack of parts leading to long repair times so more hire car time I think that is what is causing the increases for Londoners and maybe other city based drivers.

not scientific but most of the worst quotes people have reported are London based.
I am guessing the average car spends more time parked on street in London than most places. due to lack of driveways and the nature of parking in London (my car spends approximately 0% of its time parked on street) Also accidents are more likely due to the higher traffic density, even if you don't frequent Park Royal ( too soon?).
So I think the chances of a car getting damaged while driving or parked in London will be many many times higher than it is for me in Shropshire
and with the high cost of repairs + lack of parts leading to long repair times so more hire car time I think that is what is causing the increases for Londoners and maybe other city based drivers.
Surely stating that it is parked overnight in a garage/drive negates the parked on street argument? I agree that traffic density and crime rates effect premiums.

Personally, living on the outskirts of London (Havering) nothing has changed from last year, however my premium has doubled in price. I can only put it down to parts shortages and courtesy/hire car fees increasing the premiums. Strange this isnt across the country and instead seems London Tesla's are seeing the uplift in premiums.

Reactions: greenbottle123
Surely stating that it is parked overnight in a garage/drive negates the parked on street argument? I agree that traffic density and crime rates effect premiums.

Personally, living on the outskirts of London (Havering) nothing has changed from last year, however my premium has doubled in price. I can only put it down to parts shortages and courtesy/hire car fees increasing the premiums. Strange this isnt across the country and instead seems London Tesla's are seeing the uplift in premiums.
Exactly the part cost remains the same across the UK

I am guessing that on average cars in london belonging to people with a drive still spend more time parked on street when not at home than mine
I never park on street and even when I am in a carpark 90% of the time I don't have anyone parked next to me since the car parks round here are rarely full and I chose to park further away to avoid the risk of parking or door related damage. The extra exercise is doing me good

Well, most of the time! ;)
For now....
giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Adopado