Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going on with Francis Energy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this post, Francis sites "out supply chain for service equipment ... has been severely impact in terms of both timing and cost"

What a dumpster fire.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 4.44.10 PM.png

FWIW, this YouTube video, on the Transport Evolved channel, is relevant. It's nominally about the Ford F-150 Lightning, but a good chunk of it is about maintenance problems that Electrify America is experiencing. In brief, the Transport Evolved reporters contacted EA and were told that EA is experiencing parts shortages that are causing delays to maintenance of existing stations. I don't recall if the video even mentions Francis Energy (probably not), but if EA is having problems getting the parts needed for repairs, chances are the other networks are, too. Tesla famously builds more stuff in-house, so they may be less impacted by this than others, although my knowledge of their Supercharger manufacturing is limited, so that's very speculative on my part.

FWIW, this YouTube video, on the Transport Evolved channel, is relevant. It's nominally about the Ford F-150 Lightning, but a good chunk of it is about maintenance problems that Electrify America is experiencing. In brief, the Transport Evolved reporters contacted EA and were told that EA is experiencing parts shortages that are causing delays to maintenance of existing stations. I don't recall if the video even mentions Francis Energy (probably not), but if EA is having problems getting the parts needed for repairs, chances are the other networks are, too. Tesla famously builds more stuff in-house, so they may be less impacted by this than others, although my knowledge of their Supercharger manufacturing is limited, so that's very speculative on my part.
Most charging networks (Electrify America, EVgo, Francis Energy, etc.) are experiencing parts and labor shortages.

What is more concerning is that Francis Energy has only opened a single charging station so far this year. (It's the one in Fenton, MO)

Reactions: WarEagleGo