Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going on with new inventory pricing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have been in the market for a new Model S, and last night I saw that the prices for new inventory Model S's had dropped by ~$8,000 (to ~$79K for a new 2018 100D with Enhanced Autopilot, etc., and the standard new inventory mileage of 50 miles). Couldn't sleep this morning, and then noticed that prices had dropped another $5,000 (to ~$74K for a car with same specs), so went ahead and ordered it.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?? The spec sheet for my order shows a discount of $36,000, and according to EV-CPO, had been listed for over $90K until it suddenly dropped by ~$16K this morning, along with a bunch of other cars - so it's not just this one!

Am I missing something, or this just an amazing deal right now?

My search on EV-CPO for New Inventory 100Ds with EAP for <$83K, which has had no results until last night, is now showing 78 matches!

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid and GSP
Did they also remove eap/fsd?
Most of the inventory ones are EAP, I don't think they've touched the AP capabilities of the inventory ones. Go on ev-cpo and check them out.

Super tempting, but out of my price range. I am willing to go up to 80K for a P100D with AP2, and there are a couple with a 100% match of what I want for $98K, and AP2.5 and MCU2.

Last edited:
"They just dropped by 35-40K last night"

Priced one March 10 and priced identical one this morning.
Exactly the same price.

Quick look at teslacpo.io shows this
upload_2019-3-16_14-21-5.png

Very many at EV-CPO show graphs like this

upload_2019-3-16_14-23-9.png

So a bunch dropped by around 35-40K last night, but a few days ago they increased prices by about 20K. So the difference from 6 days ago to day is 20K less today.

There are a few that were at 120K, never went up to 140K, and didn't drop to 100K. Maybe you looked at one of those.

My comment was for Ordering a Model S New. Misread the inventory bit.
Price didn't budge on ordering new but Inventory certainly came down.
Occurred to me that it could mean that a refresh was imminent....but not a shred of evidence since that would confirm this.

Have been in the market for a new Model S, and last night I saw that the prices for new inventory Model S's had dropped by ~$8,000 (to ~$79K for a new 2018 100D with Enhanced Autopilot, etc., and the standard new inventory mileage of 50 miles). Couldn't sleep this morning, and then noticed that prices had dropped another $5,000 (to ~$74K for a car with same specs), so went ahead and ordered it.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?? The spec sheet for my order shows a discount of $36,000, and according to EV-CPO, had been listed for over $90K until it suddenly dropped by ~$16K this morning, along with a bunch of other cars - so it's not just this one!

Am I missing something, or this just an amazing deal right now?

My search on EV-CPO for New Inventory 100Ds with EAP for <$83K, which has had no results until last night, is now showing 78 matches!

I noticed this, too!

I've been in the market for a new or used Model S, and I placed an order on a used MS 75D on Thursday night. Friday evening, I was scanning through the Tesla's new inventory page, and noticed the huge price drops. I quickly got in touch with my advisor and changed my order to a MS 100D. Got a screaming deal on it, if I don't mind saying so!