Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what's happened with plaid 5-seater reservations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 5-seater plaid X reserved ages ago, deliveries here in Europe are starting maybe december.

obviously only 6-seater plaid is coming.

What happened in the usa with 5-seater reservations? Did you have to configure again and update the price to new price? Or did you get some chance to switch to 6 seats?

Yes. Hope they honor the price at time you reserved. Happened to me - reserved 7 seater Plaid, but then they decided not to make those. I needed 7 seats so they forced me to re-price without Plaid using NEW higher price. Not happy because it’s their fault for making the change.

Last edited:
I have a 5-seater plaid X reserved ages ago, deliveries here in Europe are starting maybe december.

obviously only 6-seater plaid is coming.

What happened in the usa with 5-seater reservations? Did you have to configure again and update the price to new price? Or did you get some chance to switch to 6 seats?
I ordered a Model X Plaid in like Sept 2021. Sometime around January 2022 I was contacted by Tesla to advise me that the 5 Seat configuration would not be manufactured. They said I could keep the order and they would include, for free, the 6 seat configuration OR I could cancel the order with a reservation refund. I decided to keep the order and take the 6 seater. To this day, I wish I could have the fold-flat 5 seater. I HATE the 6 seat setup. If Tesla starts to build the 5 seater in the X Plaid, I'll trade mine in for that "better" one!