Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's in your (f/t)runk... RIGHT NOW!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my 2022 M3 for a Super Manifold replacement on the 7th. Was washing the car yesterday (23rd), imagine my surprise when I opened the frunk to wipe down the insides. The SC forgot to put the frunk trim in. Lol
Next appoint is on Feb 8th. Hope the little bit of water that got inside doesn't damage anything. I did take a leaf blower and blew the excess water off and wiped it dry.
Frunk Pic.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: samori01
Took my 2022 M3 for a Super Manifold replacement on the 7th. Was washing the car yesterday (23rd), imagine my surprise when I opened the frunk to wipe down the insides. The SC forgot to put the frunk trim in. Lol
Next appoint is on Feb 8th. Hope the little bit of water that got inside doesn't damage anything. I did take a leaf blower and blew the excess water off and wiped it dry.
View attachment 759477
I love Tesla, but anyone who says their quality issues aren't a problem is delusional. This is ridiculous.

View attachment 759477
Wow! That's ridiculous. You can tell they are too much in a hurry and/or understaffed when this kind of stuff happens.

Reactions: GeoG
I don't keep anything in the frunk.

I only keep stuff in the hidden deep rear compartments of the hatch area of my Y. That leaves the bare, flat cargo floor in both the frunk & trunk.. open and clean... ready to accept larger items. If you opened the hatch of my Y, you wouldn't be able to see anything of these items without folding up the floor mat and opening the specific compartment lid.

In the big deep rear compartment... I keep the mobile charger + 120V, 14-30A & 14-50A adapters. I also keep a traditional vehicle emergency kit with hazard lights, jumper cables, air compressor, gloves, a small tool kit with a powered M12 Milwaukee driver, sockets, flashlight, pliers, adjustable wrench. And finally, a tire puncture seal kit, steering wheel meal tray 4 pucks for the jack-point. Basically, a bunch of items that I've learned from personal experience over the years.. will greatly help me (or someone else) to get off the side of the road. I'm currently looking to add a USB battery pack jump kit (and remove the jumper cables).. as my car is now a year old and I've heard the 12V battery in Tesla dies about every 2-3 years and that will definitely leave you stranded if you can't jumpstart the car.

I also keep a few things in each of the smaller side compartments to the left & right of the big one. In the left one I keep the J1772 adapter + lock.. so random people can't unplug my car when I'm using public chargers. In the right one, I keep an umbrella, some detailer spray, and a couple of microfiber hand towels in case I need to wipe down my car quickly or clean a spill/splatter on the windows, etc. I also keep baby wipes in the glove compartment to quickly clean up any interior spills or mess.

I've also thought about getting an inflatable mattress and keeping it in the final rear compartment that is also hidden. The one where the optional 3rd-row seat for the 7-seater would be. Never know when I might need to sleep in the car for a few hours or even overnight. Could be a long trip and im just tired and need to rest, or cannot make it to Supercharger and need to plug in somewhere with really slow charging or I just don't want to pay for a hotel room.. and want to use the camp mode.

Last edited:
Wow! That's ridiculous. You can tell they are too much in a hurry and/or understaffed when this kind of stuff happens.
Greatly understaffed the day my wife took it for the manifold replacement. To their credit, they did get her to Enterprise and told her to pick out any car since they didn't have a loaner, We did get the car back the same day. The tech apologized profusely for not having a loaner and was very helpful. He was the only one there that day and he had just returned from quarantine after having covid. All the other techs were off due to Covid.

View attachment 759477
UPDATE:
Even though my appointment was for Feb 8th, they called me this morning and got it taken care off. They were very apologetic.