Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's left to improve on the Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The HVAC should have a reversing valve and appropriate controls so the heat pump can heat or cool the cabin and the battery pack. It is as wasteful to heat with electric resistance as it is to turn wheels with internal combustion. Nissan has already made this fix to the LEAF. This will reduce heating to as small a hit on energy as cooling currently is, except in the coldest weather.

My list, in order of priority.

1. Better ride quality. Right now I drive P85 (because of various size issues) with 19 Michelin PS3s, but I feel the car is not planted enough. Esp. at higher speeds like 140km/h.

2. Safer traction control. On wet city highways where there are iron road connections (very slippery), traction control reduces power too quickly so I have 3 to 4 times my tail going left and I steer left, then my tail going right and I steer right, repeat these very quickly. I experienced this several times at 60-80km/h. Maybe the response is too fast and I can't respond quickly enough!

3. Better build of the body. Panel alignments, gap is wider, sound of door closing etc.

4. Better interior quality. If using leather, use genuine leather. I don't like fake leather. There are butt marks on the seats, not good. Stitching quality is...

Personally I don't need more gimmicky features like smart air conditioning that doesn't really work. My personal preference for Tesla is to focus on fundamentals as a automobile.

After all this time we are even more in love with the S than two years ago when we first bought. after making an X reservation a year ago and then concluding recently that the S is more versatile than the X (after chatting with Tesla and finding that there are no plans to accommodate roof stowage on the X), we canceled our reservation and are holding onto our S, I just don't see trading the roof stowing capabilities of the S for falcon doors. The S is a veritable multi tool on wheels, Tesla nailed it! we may upgrade down the line to the D but honestly, the P85+ has great handling and with the S's low center of gravity, I've never felt like I needed AWD.

all that said, I would be ecstatic if Tesla expanded the S to a sportwagon.

Automated 'valet' Supercharging - car drops you off at front of restaurant, then automatically goes to best open stall and is plugged in, returns to waiting area when adequate charge is achieved.

While we're at it: smartwatch integration to combine the above with THIS:

michaelknight.jpg

And don't you start about the hairdo :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I mean no offense here, but omg i burst out in laughter so bad I had to go blow my nose! That just made my day! :tongue:
(I hope they resolve your problem soon)

+1 Same here. Made my day :)

1) More aero or maybe adaptive aero, not sure why you would do it but cool if your tesla changes shape as you drive faster
2) Bigger capacity battery
3) Lighter structural materials
4) Faster Charging (Either faster charging on the current port or better yet, dual port charging for up to 2x the speed provided the battery tech can handle the higher charging rate)

-Higher quality seats, stitching and materials wise (ie BMW Audi Infiniti) It's already nice but doesn't feel as high end as other cockpits.
-Better center console/cupholders.
-Bigger Battery! Not that Current 85's aren't enough but after degradation it isn't, as someone that drives 250 km (155 mi) in BAD winters a few times a month. Maybe use the frunk, no one is storing stuff in it anyways, they're too scared to close it.
-no more frunk denting!
-360 degree Around view parking, ie infiniti style!

Do the parking lines swivel to show the angel which you will enter right now?