TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What's missing in this pic!? ...also a disconnected Customer Service experience.

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by wiztecy, Jul 29, 2013.

1. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

So I had an appointment for my Roadster today, was sent to the new Tesla shop up in Burlingame, CA. They're in transition from moving up from Menlo park to there.... First of all its on some random back road off of Broadway street. Got lost finding it...

So I arrived there, place looked like a ghost town which made me think, really is it a holiday today? I know I had an appointment. I also noticed something really odd that concerns me... take a look at the pic I posted below. Can you see what's missing? I asked the one person who was there about it and asked are there any... Are you planning to have them and support us? He said in a canned way that Tesla will look into it and see if its something they want do do. I didn't get a good feeling from that. Anyways I asked for the technicians since I was there for my appointment... he said really!? There's no one here for that, they haven't moved up here yet.

So with that I got stuck in 101 South traffic... not fun, once I got on 280 I had to fly fast.... I was already running late for work... Since I didn't expect any issues.... end up at Menlo Park Tesla. Told them I was sent to the wrong place, they said a corresponder from Tesla was to call me to alert me of the appointment. Well no call so another bad taste. Then I got the line, an Enterprise loaner car is heading over and that my loaner was not ready. Are you serious, another bad taste which others on this forum have shared... no electric vehicle, I'm not going to like that at all. They were really disorganized there... many people running around, new people, and what I felt like canned responses from those people. Where did my Customer Service that I loved and respected of Tesla go let alone mayhem and disorganization? I then was told that the Service manager was going to come out and talk to me about my peeling headlights.... I waited again... another not good response. My guess is they're going to give me a line saying its my problem otherwise they'd just go and replace them. I think its wrong to put the same headlights that are defective back in a car that costs over $100,000. They also should be going back to the manufacturer to fix the issue and to recoop the cost. So I just lost my Patience there... Time was ticking, I was getting no help, no customer service, and running way past the time now that I was to be at work... I had a meeting. So now I'm losing money since I'm a contractor... So I just said, you know what. Please reschedule me... I want to have a similar or better loaner car that's ready, a Roadster or Model - S not an ICE car. I bought this Roadster for ease of commuting, the Car pool sticker, and also that I *don't* have to put any gas into it. They then wanted to have a person then drive me to work, then some how get me home from there, then have the Enterprise Rental car ready when I got home. And then when a Roadster is ready, they'll drive out to me and drop off the loaner Roadster. I said. NO. This is getting messier. I said, just email me when you get an electric loaner car. Hold it for me. Then make sure everything is ready and set for my appointment. Thank you. And I drove off to work to recoop the rest of the day...

Does anyone know someone at Tesla who I can share this experience with who actually will make use of this feedback so it will be appropriately directed? I feel this very important feedback from a customer's experience who took and takes pride in Tesla and what they had built up.

Also... back to the pic... any guesses what's not there? I'll reply back this afternoon if no-one can see it....

Attached Files:

2. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

HPWC's for roadsters?

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

No Roadster charger? Argh.

The bit about seeing IF they could put one in is indeed concerning.

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

The line between spot 2 and 3?

5. bart513

bart513 Member

I had the same experience at the local Tesla store in Short Hills, NJ. They have a NEMA 14-50 outlet but the plastic protective housing is too narrow for my plug to fit in! This was a few months back and they have done nothing. Although tempted to pull it off so that I could use it, I chose to take the higher ground. It is VERY frustrating indeed.

6. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Exactly!!

No Roadster chargers whatsoever. Thing is that they will need something to charge up the Roadsters, my guess is that'll be locked up in the garage or behind the locked fence. Are they thinking that the Roadsters will just utilize the Model-S plug and with that we'd need a Model-S to Roadster converter. That parking lot gave me a bad sinking feeling inside... :(

7. GlennAlanBerry

The Denver Service Center does not have any outside chargers at all...

8. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

I LOL'd !

- - - Updated - - -

Nor does the Laval (QC) service center...

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Nor does Los Angeles and it was the 2nd store (on service only) ever built.

Super limited for space.

10. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Nor does Watertown (Boston).

11. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Considering this area... in particular Menlo Park, is where the Roadster was essentially born and came alive its sad not seeing any support for them. This also gives me a feeling Roadsters are going to be left in the cold with the Supercharger stations. Ok, if there weren't any chargers that's another story. Nice they did have Model-S chargers accessible. But like my family always have said, never forget your roots and where you came from.

12. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

no security guard in the security booth

or the telephones in the parking spots instead of chargers who's genius idea was that

no front license plates either maybe if there was security they wouldn't have gotten stolen

13. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Nor does Toronto. Better to go to the Yorkdale store anyway.

14. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

So I guess Nissan has one up on Tesla by having chargers at the dealerships that their old and new leafs support?

15. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I just left the Newport Beach store & when they moved to the new Fashion Island location, they made sure they had a Roadster HPC, along with the HPWC for the Model S. They also have an adapter if a Model S needs to charge there. So it's not a universal decision to not support Roadsters.

16. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25

And that Roadsters can (sometimes) charge at with an existing adapter? Ouch.:frown:

17. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

That's good news Bonnie... I'd really like to know how these decisions are being made and give input if possible... Such as giving credit and thanks for the Fashion Island HPCs.

To me it feels to me as if the Roadster is turning into a Bastard Child.

18. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25

#18 pharma5, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Nor does original footprint for Philly (Norristown) - just one inside (which I am very, very grateful for). Fingers crossed since they are expanding...

Edit: King of Prussia store nearby does have outside chargers, at least one of which was Roadster IIRC...

19. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

Or maybe wiztecy .... we're seeing the early stages of the Roadster turning into a really capable NEV. The notion that might be happening makes me sad :(

20. patp

patp Member

A much easier solution would be to give a Tesla 2.0 adapter to all Roadster owner. Btw, one of the reason I'm not keeping my Roadster is that I don't *feel* full support from Tesla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2