Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's my range?

So, what would you conclude is the fully charged range of the car?

• 257 miles (Based on using 31.6kWh to go 108.4 miles)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 217 miles (Based on 50% remaining battery gauge after 108.4 miles)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • You're thinking about this too long.

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been a bit concerned over what appears to be a significant loss of range in the last few months. I knew I'd be going on a longer than normal drive this past weekend so decided to run a test. I charged to 100% for this first time in a long time and took off. Normal highway driving (70-75mph) for almost the entire journey.

As you can see in the attached photos, here are the stats:

From the IC:
108.4 miles
31.6 kWh used (291 Wh/mi)
Battery gauge shows 50% remaining

The Energy app shows a projected 127 miles remaining, based on the last 30 miles at 278 Wh/mi.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 50
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    852.7 KB · Views: 42
What was the rated available range in miles at 100%? That’s really the best and only tool you have to gauge any degradation without a scanner and/or access to the BMS.

You’re not likely to ever arrive at a satisfactory conclusion trying to make sense of the consumption in the energy meter.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
What was the rated available range in miles at 100%? That’s really the best and only tool you have to gauge any degradation without a scanner and/or access to the BMS.

You’re not likely to ever arrive at a satisfactory conclusion trying to make sense of the consumption in the energy meter.

It was ~220 in the Energy app, but that's based on the previous 30 miles with ~330 Wh/mi usage.

Andrew, my range has dropped a lot in last year. There r several post above on this. I got to DC often, i use a lot more range now. I got a new motor in February. I dont know whether its battery or more powerful motor. I go to JAX once a week. It takes 10 more miles of range now for this trip. I blame the SW updates. There r a lot of complaints in post above. Here is my battery report today.

Attachments

• 20190903_141605.jpg
    20190903_141605.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 43
Andrew, my range has dropped a lot in last year. There r several post above on this. I got to DC often, i use a lot more range now. I got a new motor in February. I dont know whether its battery or more powerful motor. I go to JAX once a week. It takes 10 more miles of range now for this trip. I blame the SW updates. There r a lot of complaints in post above. Here is my battery report today.

Is that report from TeslaFi?