Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's New - Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if it's just me but now my new unwatched threads have all been reset by a month. It's showing lots of threads that haven't been updated in over a month as 'new'. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I tried using some of the links under What's New before I noticed the problem.

What's New is already in a persistent navbar.
Yes, you are correct here; I find a difference in the What’s New compared to the New Posts pages with the former scrolling poorly and hiding the whole header when scrolling down and the New Posts page hiding only the black header as the page is scrolled up and showing both when scrolled down. I suspect it is connected to the odd ad format of the What’s New page.

I don't know if it's just me but now my new unwatched threads have all been reset by a month. It's showing lots of threads that haven't been updated in over a month as 'new'. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I tried using some of the links under What's New before I noticed the problem.
err... I just had to adjust something on the back end that might have reset that.

I guess I'll do that, though I don't like marking everything as read if unnecessary. @doug, is there a path backward on the change, or should we just pull the trigger?

Posts are like Doritos - no need to worry about eating them all, they'll make more. :)

Mike

(I marked them all read a few hours ago and now I can't tell I did that there are so many repopulated.)

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
We just updated "What's New". It should have the following issues resolved:
  • Added "Mark Forums Read" button
  • Added pagination to top of feeds
  • Added indicator that shows threads you've posted in
The only remaining major issue, which we will fix soon is to move the banner ad inline with the breadcrumb. Will update you when we have done that.

Reactions: JRP3
We just updated "What's New". It should have the following issues resolved:
  • Added "Mark Forums Read" button
I'm not seeing any mark forums read button under What's New. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
whatsnew.png

OK, so unless anyone can point out any feature that "What's New" is missing that "New Posts" has, then we are going to go ahead soon and remove "New Posts" from the navbar as it is redundant.

To clarify, "What's New" has all the same functionality as "New Posts" except that it provides more feed options. In addition, if you are signed it, it keeps track of the last Whats New feed that you were viewing, such that if only one feed interests you, such as "Unread Posts", all you need to do is just click on "What's New" and you'll be taken back to that one.

If you know of any issue, please let us know now.

Small issue is the amount of real estate occupied at the top of the page by non-post bits like the seven block subsections of a What’s New, which occupies just about all of the phone screen. The three subsections of New Posts is not quite as bad.