Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's next for model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you still expecting a refresh to be announced later this year? My office situation changed and I'll probably be delaying my car for a few months, really hoping to get a 2022 model. My #1 hope is the option for a softer suspension.

1. Bring back Stealth P
2. More range
3. HUD
4. Auto frunk
5. Nardo gray replaces MSM, or lowest selling color, or added as another option
6. Red interior option, or even the tan/cream color like the S
7. Carplay and Android as options
1. maybe
2. likely at some point
3. probably not from tesla
4. maybe
5. unlikely, since that color is audi's color but used by the german brands.
6. pretty unlikely for either of these on model 3s, unless they decide to release a higher trim version.
7. almost no chance of this.

I wish...

1- Android Auto!
2- HUD / Additional Screen front of the driver
3- Electric Sun Shade (gosh what were they thinking not including one?!)
4- More Range.
5- Align the standards of the Fremont factory vs China Giga factory (QC! no gaps, not buying a car and playing Russian Roulette on quality)

That's it for now.

1. maybe
2. likely at some point
3. probably not from tesla
4. maybe
5. unlikely, since that color is audi's color but used by the german brands.
6. pretty unlikely for either of these on model 3s, unless they decide to release a higher trim version.
7. almost no chance of this

It wasn't meant to be a list of what I think they'll do....just a wish list.

As far as the color is concerned, maybe they can call it nebula gray or starlink gray, something to play off the SpaceX adventures. A similar shade as the nardo is what I'd like to see. I've seen a few 3's wrapped in that color and they look amazing.

It wasn't meant to be a list of what I think they'll do....just a wish list.

As far as the color is concerned, maybe they can call it nebula gray or starlink gray, something to play off the SpaceX adventures. A similar shade as the nardo is what I'd like to see. I've seen a few 3's wrapped in that color and they look amazing.

Its (nardo grey) one of my favorite car colors. I like a lot of the "fancy" greys though. TBH I will probably get my model 3 wrapped in nardo grey or whatever the similar grey is that is available for cars to be wrapped in.

In 2018, I had a deal setup for a BMW M3 in nardo grey, when I thought to myself "hey, tesla just released a model 3 performance not that long ago, let me see if they have any for me to test drive". I called my local tesla location, they did, I went down, drove it, then said (basically) "shut up and take my money", lol. I called the BMW dealer the next day and told them I had changed my mind.

That was a somewhat interesting conversation, because they wanted to know "why" then wanted to work on the numbers more, etc... even though I had a great deal lined up with them already. They couldnt believe I was actually going to buy a model 3 performance, they thought I was still negotiating (lol).

Anyway, yeah, I love me some nardo grey.

Funny how trends return. The first Tesla owned by the company's founder Martin Eberhard was Nardo Grey.

eberhards_roadster1.jpg

[...] I’m also tired of people turning Model 3 into a Civic with all their hideous add-ons, so I’ll admit some bias there, too. [...]

Oh so true. I'm personally not a big fan of things like oversized rear diffusers and ill-fitting body kits. For me, I just add a few tasteful decals to make it my own without going overboard.

zdC6-D-1oID3LzvO78CMqrASCa8kl50TGscg-VQTTjA.jpg

Hmmm as a 2020 M3 owner, the main thing for me would be the darker glass on the roof. Living in Texas I have to keep sun shades bought off of Amazon up for 1/2 of the year. They make a huge difference in cabin temp. I also would love to see cooled seats, not just heated. More applicable in hot climates.

Reactions: positiv
1. Bring back Stealth P
2. More range
3. HUD
4. Auto frunk
5. Nardo gray replaces MSM, or lowest selling color, or added as another option
6. Red interior option, or even the tan/cream color like the S
7. Carplay and Android as options

Holy smokes, this is a great list. Just a few thoughts:

1 and 2 ... OK :)

3. Hud - this would be a pretty simple thing to implement, resolve some of the questions/concerns about no directly facing driver instrumentation - and, it would solve the "problem" that brought on the yoke ... :p

4. Auto frunk -yes, simply because I have this odd concern over accidently opening the frunk while OOT (like parked at the airport), alternative solution to quell my concern: remote frunk opening passcode ...

5. Nardo gray replaces MSM - how dare you sir, oh, wait 'or added as another option' OK, we're cool :D

6. Red interior option - I love a neutral color exterior with a red interior, I've had it on few cars (S2000 silver + red, GT convertible black + red), if it was an option when I got our '21, as stunning as the white looks, I would've opted for red - especially if they'd offer carbon interior trim

7. Carplay and Android as options - I saw on Electrek, the new '22 Taycan added AA, and already had CP, it made me cry a little - CarPlay in my M3P, would simplify everything so much, and they could still have the other "windows" for the Tesla specific car / driving data (i.e., speed, modes, road viz)

- Plaid with Carbon splitter, skirts, diffuser
- HUD with augmented reality
- 360 degree camera view (birdseye)
- Front Sports Seats with cooling
- Window Tints privacy glass
- Comfort lighting, colour controlled, illuminated door handles
- Sport shaped steering wheel or Yoke option
- Interior & exterior accelleration Boombox sound options
- Powered frunk
- 18" Race Wheel option on Plaid or Performance
- Rear Window Wiper
- Better sound proofing
- Replaceable battery pack options for future upgrading
- Vehicle to Home backup
- Vehicle to Vehicle charging
- Battery Pack to 12v Battery trickle charging

Having a Model 3 Long Range w/ Acceleration boost, it doesn't seem worthwhile to upgrade to the performance. Not enough of a performance benefit for the financial hit of switching.

I have decided that I will upgrade to a new Model 3 when there is enough of a performance increase to justify it (in my mind). With that being said, what is next? Ludicrous, Plaid? Will they stick with dual motor or go with Tri-motor? Is this 1 year away or 5.... or ever?

What would make you upgrade? I have had my car for, soon to be, 3 years. However, there really isn't anything better on the market that meets my needs (or "wants") than my current car. I don't think this has happened to me before, there has always been better options after 3 years of ownership.

The other thing tesla could do to help me upgrade is make FSD transferable.. but that is besides the point of this thread.
Yeah, I got that out of my system with the Audi TTS (2017) but I am old...I think I can live with what I got M3 LR