Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's next for model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
-more color options for interior/exterior
-stealth options
-more wheel/tire packages

overall just the ability to really customize the car to your specific needs

Basically goes against the Tesla ethos - more options means either long waits for custom cars, or the company has to keep lots of stock.

Tesla basically runs with limited SKUs. Pull out of an order and easily transferred to someone else.

Wheels/tyres probably the exception as they could be stocked at your local centre more easily.

I'd also add that Tesla don't do model years.. in the 15mo since I've had my TM3, something has changed every quarter.

I hope it is optional.

Yeah, given the Model 3 is mid-market, that would make sense.

They could even make it a unique option, or maybe just standard on the Performance model, I mean, it's almost like they need a "Model 4", like an M3 chassis/general design, but with a few mid-upper market options. Like something to kind of bridge the Model 3 and Model S.

I didn't want the extra size, or some of the extra things like a rear seat AV/display of an S, I'm fine with a single front display, but would love the S suspension.

For me, it would be something like a Model 3 Performance Plus / Model 4 P:

- Model 3 design (in terms of space/exterior/etc)
- Larger battery / more power
- HUD
- Air suspension
- Larger wheel/tire option

As a make-shift option for XM radio, can't you get XM app on your phone and then stream that to your car using blue tooth? I realize this isn't ideal but it might work until Tesla provides the option.
It's a pain to change stations, as you'd have to be holding the phone/looking down at the phone to change. Also, the app doesn't work all that great - it randomly just pauses for no reason. I know the 3/Y doesn't have the satellite antenna but I don't understand why it's not offered as a streaming app audio option like Spotify is already. I doubt that it's a licensing issue because the S/X has it.

What is coming:
  1. Adjustable suspension
  2. Hepa filter
  3. 4680 cells, 400 mile range
  4. AP hardware 4 with increased camera resolution
What I would like to see:
  1. Powered frunk
  2. Small center display and or center HUD
  3. More color options: yellow
  4. Vertical screen or two horizonal screens
  5. Hatchback option
What I don't care about:
  1. Lumbar support, driver or passenger
  2. Entertainment options or music options like xm serious

I actually dislike most lumbar support unless I can really adjust it to turn it 'off'. As a shorter person, it often hits in the wrong place and is supremely uncomfortable. I love the Tesla seats!

Reactions: DanCar
Basically goes against the Tesla ethos - more options means either long waits for custom cars, or the company has to keep lots of stock.

Tesla basically runs with limited SKUs. Pull out of an order and easily transferred to someone else.

Wheels/tyres probably the exception as they could be stocked at your local centre more easily.

I'd also add that Tesla don't do model years.. in the 15mo since I've had my TM3, something has changed every quarter.

only means longer wait times if they dont improve their output, they dont have to keep any stock... they can just lock you in to an order without the ability to change things once you place the order like almost all custom order products...

only means longer wait times if they dont improve their output, they dont have to keep any stock... they can just lock you in to an order without the ability to change things once you place the order like almost all custom order products...
They are working their butts off on increasing output, but long wait times still seem to be the norm and doesn't seem likely to change as long as demand remains high. Even if some custom options are made non-cancellable, for options that are not popular, it may slow down the production line due to switches in parts.

The Model 3 RWD and LR each get a small bump in range. Tesla.com shows the updated range information. There's also an article on Electrek.co. BTW, make sure that you have the standard 18" aero wheels selected. The site now defaults to the 19" wheels which have a lower range estimate.

What is coming:
  1. Adjustable suspension
  2. Hepa filter
  3. 4680 cells, 400 mile range
  4. AP hardware 4 with increased camera resolution
What I would like to see:
  1. Powered frunk
  2. Small center display and or center HUD
  3. More color options: yellow
  4. Vertical screen or two horizonal screens
  5. Hatchback option
What I don't care about:
  1. Lumbar support, driver or passenger
  2. Entertainment options or music options like xm serious
Cool - when you say "what is coming" - is there a date for these things? I have a M3 performance on order - due this month, but I have put on hold to January 2022 just in case these become available, but now weighing up whether up to go for it now or still hold as being without a second car and waiting for new features that may be a while is a tough balance :)