Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's Next for Tesla's FSD | TMC Podcast #14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

In TMC Podcast #14, we discussed FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, EAP coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

0:00 Intro
1:27 Louis gets PLAID
11:30 The return of Enhanced Autopilot
37:57 FSD What's Next
49:19 The Future State of EV Ownership
1:01:41 Plaids Qualifying on Pikes Peak

Watch on YouTube.

Co-hosts:

Producers:

Audio version:

Social:

Support us-
PayPal: Pay Tesla Motors Club LLC using PayPal.Me
TeslaMotorsClub website: Account upgrades
Podcast 14 (background).jpg

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Soul Surfer
I try to give the vehicle in front of me. A lot of space. If I’m not in EAP and on a street. I do the same. Let other vehicles get in front of me. I’m okay with that. AP will brake appropriately. You have more time to be aware of traffic around you. With a Tesla that can perform simple driving maneuvers for you. My insurance rate has dropped down by $60 per month. Since I got my Safety score up from a 90. It’s very hard. Driving in Houston city or highway traffic. 5-6 days a week. I was also a truck driver for over 15 year’s. In my previous career. So coasting and listening to the radio. Is not a problem for me.
1656289045091.png

I try to give the vehicle in front of me. A lot of space. If I’m not in EAP and on a street. I do the same. Let other vehicles get in front of me. I’m okay with that. AP will brake appropriately. You have more time to be aware of traffic around you. With a Tesla that can perform simple driving maneuvers for you. My insurance rate has dropped down by $60 per month. Since I got my Safety score up from a 90. It’s very hard. Driving in Houston city or highway traffic. 5-6 days a week. I was also a truck driver for over 15 year’s. In my previous career. So coasting and listening to the radio. Is not a problem for me.
View attachment 821487
Where do you find these analytics and your safety score?

Reference to both EAP and FSD makes me wonder the following: what’s the relationship between EAP and FSD once FSD has exited beta, in the future? Context: I drive a MS 75 (RWD) in UK with FSD/HW3 & MCU 2 upgrade. The car has EAP. I understand FSD gives additional driving ’use cases’ versus EAP - but is the underlying ‘engine’ the same for both the EAP and (currently available) FSD products? In other words, once FSD exits beta phase do we anticipate the software engine running on EAP-enabled cars being replaced? If yes, then I’d like to assume the smaller set of use cases that EAP delivers would remain, just executed better. Or, am I just barking up the wrong tree by trying to infer the future of EAP from what we see in (non-UK) FSD development, today?

Reactions: timberlights