Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know for many of us that taking delivery of an M3 will be the day that a long-term dream is realized. Like many on TMC, I've wanted a Tesla since I first heard of the Roadster, and it became a life goal to one day own a Tesla. I cross the bridge to "Owner" status on March 31st at 1:00 PM.

Getting a Tesla has been such a big thing for me for so long that my girlfriend of four years said that it marks a big moment in our relationship, and she asked me a question that I don't have an answer to:

"So what are you going to obsess about next?" :confused:

I... :eek: Um... o_O I have no honest idea! Who else is facing this situation?

The Model Y obviously!

Haha well for Telsa, yes, but are you thinking the Y will be your next vehicle after the 3?

My girlfriend didn't want a Volt (my transition car between the Leaf and the 3) because she thought it was too small. Fast forward maybe a week after she'd driven mine, and she regretted it. Now, she's taking my Volt as I go for the 3, and she's calling that same Volt her transition car until the Y comes out.

Haha well for Telsa, yes, but are you thinking the Y will be your next vehicle after the 3?

Quite possibly may get a Y in the future, either to replace my own 3 or maybe for my wife. It would be nice to be a two Tesla family. Hopefully once she sees how my Model 3 performs she will be receptive to the idea of a Tesla for herself. Range anxiety seems to be her main concern and I’m fairly certain that will go away relatively quickly once I finally get my Model 3 next week.

I know for many of us that taking delivery of an M3 will be the day that a long-term dream is realized. Like many on TMC, I've wanted a Tesla since I first heard of the Roadster, and it became a life goal to one day own a Tesla. I cross the bridge to "Owner" status on March 31st at 1:00 PM.

Getting a Tesla has been such a big thing for me for so long that my girlfriend of four years said that it marks a big moment in our relationship, and she asked me a question that I don't have an answer to:

"So what are you going to obsess about next?" :confused:

I... :eek: Um... o_O I have no honest idea! Who else is facing this situation?
As someone who has been married a while (34 years), allow me to suggest there's only one right answer to her question:
"You, of course!"
Robin

My new obsession will be related to the old one:

oh the places.jpeg

Reactions: Dr. J and Dave B
I've wondered this myself quite a bit. Does my past 2 years of daily google search for Model 3 in the past 24 hours indicate my obsession with owning the car? Or is it my interest in seeing Tesla disrupt the auto industry and force everyone else to build non-compliance EVs? It's probably a bit of both.

So after I take delivery of my Model 3 in 2 days, I'll probably go back to obsessing over Tesla's mission. I'll probably even hang out here longer and cheer on people as they get their invites, VINs, and deliveries.