Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A welcome to your pending M3 Dave! I will be looking for you as I'm up in Alpharetta as well. We have a red model S, and my wife's white M3 should be here in a few more weeks. I say just bite the bullet and get your girlfriend a P100D! Will leave no doubt in her mind how much you love her. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Dave B
"So what are you going to obsess about next?" :confused: [/QUOTE said:
Soy Milk

hqdefault.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Dave B
And everyone's able to successfully back into the garage? :eek:

No, I mean "rear of" the garage for as by the large garage doors (the "front" in my mind is the human door from/into the house). So you drive in forwards with both a Tesla and with a car that has the typical front-driver location for the J-1722. I'm mounting the Tesla WC on the short wall between the double car door and the single car door. That works because my garage configuration is that the double bay is on the right side (looking towards the garage from the driveway).

Besides, Summon will show up any day now so direction of facing doesn't matter. Right? ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: Snerruc
A welcome to your pending M3 Dave! I will be looking for you as I'm up in Alpharetta as well. We have a red model S, and my wife's white M3 should be here in a few more weeks. I say just bite the bullet and get your girlfriend a P100D! Will leave no doubt in her mind how much you love her. :)

With her road rage a P100D would also need to come with a legal retainer! (If you see a blond in a blue Hyundai Elantra on Old Milton or 400, get out of her way! :D)

I'm curious to see how EAP helps with her road rage, and we'll see when we take a trip to NOLA soon.

Reactions: Parebalo
My next planned obsessions in no particular order
- Enhancements to the Model 3 (New Firmware, etc.)
- Tesla Pickup
- Solar - I'm surprised I didn't see this already in this thread (could have missed it though)

I had solar on a house I used to own around Myrtle Beach, SC. Solar was an awesome thing to have, and when driving an EV it's nice to smile and think that you're your own "gas company."

Be careful in thinking about putting it on depending on where you are. Having it on my old house made it harder to sell the house. I had real estate agents tell me it'd be easier for me to sell the house if I had the panels removed. Made zero sense to me, but the market in that area not only didn't get solar - they were afraid of it. Seriously. I lost a lot of money on that house.

With her road rage a P100D would also need to come with a legal retainer! (If you see a blond in a blue Hyundai Elantra on Old Milton or 400, get out of her way! :D)

FOLLOW UP: Her reply to me when I forwarded her a screen cap of my reply:

That's hilarious and I like the way your friend thinks. Screw the ring just get me a Tesla.

@Parebalo - I think you just made me buy the most expensive "engagement car" ever :D

I had solar on a house I used to own around Myrtle Beach, SC. Solar was an awesome thing to have, and when driving an EV it's nice to smile and think that you're your own "gas company."

Be careful in thinking about putting it on depending on where you are. Having it on my old house made it harder to sell the house. I had real estate agents tell me it'd be easier for me to sell the house if I had the panels removed. Made zero sense to me, but the market in that area not only didn't get solar - they were afraid of it. Seriously. I lost a lot of money on that house.

mmm that sucks. And you're in a fairly progressive area in ATL (I grew up in Gwinnett county).

Here in New England, I sold a house with a solar lease easy peasy. All I had to do was lay out a year's worth of electric bills for the next owners to realize it was such a no brainer.

Reactions: KJD
No, I mean "rear of" the garage for as by the large garage doors (the "front" in my mind is the human door from/into the house). So you drive in forwards with both a Tesla and with a car that has the typical front-driver location for the J-1722. I'm mounting the Tesla WC on the short wall between the double car door and the single car door. That works because my garage configuration is that the double bay is on the right side (looking towards the garage from the driveway).

Besides, Summon will show up any day now so direction of facing doesn't matter. Right? ;)

Got it. We only have one door for our two-bay garage, so I'll have to switch spots with my wife or get a much longer charging cord.

You will always want more garage. Go right to 3 next time. Trust me. I wish I did.......
Agreed! I previously had a 2 car garage. Now I have a great setup. My house has a one car garage (my wife uses), AND a separate two car garage that holds my car as well as bikes, tools, lawn gear, ... The best part being separate is I can start a project and not impact my wife's parking.
Although two two-car garage would be nice.

Got it. We only have one door for our two-bay garage, so I'll have to switch spots with my wife or get a much longer charging cord.
Yeah, definitely need the 24' long cord version to cover more than a single spot. Which of course has the down side of a lot of cable to move around.

If you had a pillar midway down the side of the stalls, between the two stalls. With that you could park in opposite directions in the stalls, to keep the ports towards the pillar's side, and should be able to just reach from the pillar. However very unlikely that a home garage with only 2 stalls would ever be set up like that.