Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's that beeping???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm about two months in and I love my roadster!!

This is strange but when I raise my left hand towards the left AC vent by the steering wheel I hear a "beep beep" or sometimes a single "beep." As far as I can tell nothing on any display is changing. It seemed coincidental to the hand raise but I've tried a bunch and it is definitely related to me raising my hand towards the vent. I don't actually touch anything. Hopefully I'm not just crazy....

Can someone please advise?

Thanks!
Paul

Hi All,

I'm about two months in and I love my roadster!!

This is strange but when I raise my left hand towards the left AC vent by the steering wheel I hear a "beep beep" or sometimes a single "beep." As far as I can tell nothing on any display is changing. It seemed coincidental to the hand raise but I've tried a bunch and it is definitely related to me raising my hand towards the vent. I don't actually touch anything. Hopefully I'm not just crazy....

Can someone please advise?

Thanks!
Paul
Two possibilities:

1. The car is sentient, and warning you not to touch that AC vent for some reason. Better heed its advice.

2. Your elbow was pressing down on the door lock button on the door's arm rest. It's the rectangular one in the middle, to the rear of the window buttons. I don't recall if one beep is lock and two are unlock, or the other way around. I hit it from time to time. Never tried testing it, for fear of setting off the car's alarm, and tripping into possibility #1.

It's quite a car. Glad you are enjoying it!

• Helpful
Reactions: markwj