Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best accessory for your model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kelvin 660

White SR+ with LFP battery
Aug 21, 2020
Stonehouse
I used to use a cheap Chinese boot hook but them I discovered "Glass Bonra". No more cut hands from the sharp (3d printed) plastic hooks. This one is easy to put bags on and more importantly easy to get them off... In my opinion worth the extra cost as it's a quality product that will last and last!
Fast delivery too!

hook.jpg

key cards look cool but are rubbish. Anyone unlocking the car regularly wearing rings is likely to cause scratches. Holding on the console to start is another step.

Key fob in pocket, walk to car unlocks, do nothing to start. Far easier.

App, ok, but still the fob has an advantage of additional functions without having to get your phone out.
phone key just works for me.
phone in pocket, walk to car, pull handle - car opens, get in and drive
or the boot will open if I press the switch under the lip even when locked
to open charge port if the car is locked I just pull the nearest door handle then tap on the charge port door

Wish there was an OEM centre console tray(s) for the pre-refresh cars :( I've got a third party one in mine, which is alright (flocked, matches OEM) but it has more compartments than I need really. I'd definitely be up for a Tesla OEM one instead.

Reactions: pow216
Wide angle side mirror glass upgrade.
Great for reducing blind spots, generally seeing more behind you but also seeing lower down e.g. pavements to avoid kerbing your wheels.

It doesn't support auto-dimming though which may/may not be preferable to you.

I used to use a cheap Chinese boot hook but them I discovered "Glass Bonra". No more cut hands from the sharp (3d printed) plastic hooks. This one is easy to put bags on and more importantly easy to get them off... In my opinion worth the extra cost as it's a quality product that will last and last!
Fast delivery too!

View attachment 721349

How vital is it that it's Heat proof up to 500°c? I have visions of a melted car in a puddle with just this hook surviving!

The 3 is the car I've accessorized the least. Usually after coming home with a new car, my wife will say something snarkly like "Here come all the accessories!". I've had two Harleys and those were just down payments on the accessories. My Jeeps were bad, too. But so far, the only thing I've added/changed on my Telsa are the puddle lights (logo'ed) and footwell/trunk lights (purple). Can't think of anything else it needs.

Swivel Screen for me, from Tech Forum. Allows you to touch the far side of the screen without having to lean forward and also to get rid of the low sun dazzle on the screen from the left rear quarter. Other than that, the roof blind, keeping my head and cabin cool in the summer (I have one for sale) and the all weather floor mats which keep all the snow and crap away from the carpets in the winter.

Reactions: bhanorthy