Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best accessory for your model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the all weather Tesla OEM boot liner worth it?

I always get all weather mats and boot liners for my new cars. I’ve already purchased the oem mats from a private seller (brand new in the oem box).

CBA waiting several weeks for packages to arrive from China. It’s £110 but I’ve seen alternatives on Amazon for under £40.
Interested to know this too. I was actually considering the rugged liner as it will protect the book but still give me easy access underneath. Curious what people think.

I always get all weather mats and boot liners for my new cars. I’ve already purchased the oem mats from a private seller (brand new in the oem box).

CBA waiting several weeks for packages to arrive from China. It’s £110 but I’ve seen alternatives on Amazon for under £40.
...and @Adapsys

Post #18 in this very thread refers.

Reactions: Adapsys

If you ask me, no. It's just a rubber moulding. I'll be odering from Amazon.

I think the only consideration for these (apart from your preference on patterns) might be how well they fold when you open the boot floor to access the under boot compartment. I'm looking at the one linked to in post #13 bit it's got no fold line. On the other hand, cheap as chips (relatively).

Some of the cheaper one can be a bit thin and stink to high heavens for a while though so as ever it’s worth paying attention to the reviews.
Indeed.

That's the same one I mentioned and it is made of plastic, not rubber, so won't be as grippy as I'd hoped. Read the reviews lower down the page...

Reactions: Katic1972
I think the only consideration for these (apart from your preference on patterns) might be how well they fold when you open the boot floor to access the under boot compartment. I'm looking at the one linked to in post #13 bit it's got no fold line. On the other hand, cheap as chips (relatively).
The one I have (post #18) isn't 'hinged' as such, but is soft enough to give easily enough to allow access to the lower storage without any problem.

Reactions: init6
... so long as you recognise you are taking a risk ... maybe a small risk for you but a risk nevertheless.
I know I get a full day out of my phone battery. If that fails my watch works or I’m sure I can contact a family member (I know their numbers) and ask them to unlock it if they’re not with me already. Yes tiny chance the car has no signal but it’s pretty rare round here.

Hi all, I’ve got an incoming M3LR MIC, collect on 4/12.

Looking at all weather mats, already have purchased Tesla oem mats for the inside of the car (not from Tesla but a private seller as new), but on the Tesla web site shop there appears two different frunk options. Does the new facelift 2021 model require the “ribbed” version?

Tbh I never opened the frunk in my i3s so it’s probably a waste of cash.
I had the ribbed version but I’ve sent it back Very poor fit compared to boot liner and mats Big gap around edges for crud to get in

I used to use a cheap Chinese boot hook but them I discovered "Glass Bonra". No more cut hands from the sharp (3d printed) plastic hooks. This one is easy to put bags on and more importantly easy to get them off... In my opinion worth the extra cost as it's a quality product that will last and last!
Fast delivery too!

View attachment 721349

Thanks for recommending this. I've been using it for a few weeks and am very pleased with it.