Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best home charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the only thing to gain by a third party EVSE is smarts and internet integration. A lot of the newest ones connect to your home WiFi and can track how much electricity the car is using, connect directly to OhmConnect for OhmHours, Alexa integration, etc. That can be a nice feature. The only way to track electricity use with a Tesla wall charger is one of the 3rd party apps, which can sometimes cause extra battery drain.

But you gotta use your adapter daily and open your charge port manually vs with the HPWC button. So it is a trade off.

I just kind of assumed that the Tesla HPWC was the best. Wish I would have done some research now about the features of the options.

I just kind of assumed that the Tesla HPWC was the best. Wish I would have done some research now about the features of the options.

Well, now that Tesla lowered the price to be one of the cheapest on the market, it is still a great choice, and what we ended up buying. If they still sold them for $1000 a pop or whatever the old price was, it was well worth checking the other options out.

never have a problem just plug into my 240 outlet in garage . Need to add another plug for my 3 though (not going to change my electrical box so I need to alternate charging cars) . By doing this I can charge my cars away while from home by switching with my phone , thus charging one vehicle at a time if away from home for extended period.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
Because Tesla supply's the battery pack, motor and controller to Mercedes
Definitely not for this plug-in hybrid GLS that he was referring to. Tesla has not and will not support plug-in hybrids. You are probably thinking about the Mercedes B Class, which was a small SUV all battery electric. Tesla did provide the equipment for that one and for the earlier battery electric Smart car that Mercedes did.