Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best insurance alternative to State Farm for a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well, now that you mention it. That is what my wife chose, based on her experience with practically no hassle getting them to pay claims and not trying to cheat her clients. Yes, there are other companies out there just as good. This one was simply her choice and we pay about 10% more than the average. "Your mileage may vary". This is not to discredit any particular company. She says insurance companies are like a Clint Eastwood movie. A combination of "The Good, the bad, and the ugly." :D

Small world! No claims yet (fingers crossed) but so far I am pretty happy with their customer service. :)

Well this thread got me curious, so I asked the wife what we pay. It is $580 for 6 months for 2 drivers and covers our 2017 Avalon and 2016 Model X. Of course this means nothing to anyone else. TOOOO many factors for comparison; type of car, options, ticket history, claim history, mileage per year driven, location, your age, other combined insurances, type of auto use, driver training classed, and sometimes even education, etc and those are only a few of the things she thought about off the top of her head. The same insurance might cost someone else $2,000 for 6 months.

Reactions: Gt1948
We have 4 cars with full coverage and our home insured with Progressive. Our auto policy is renewing in a few weeks and is $1,342 a year for all 4 vehicles with the Tesla being around $500 after the paid in full discount. The other vehicles are a 1999 Mustang GT, a 2008 Ford Edge, and a 2014 Lexus ES hybrid. We haven't had a claim with them and hope we never do.

Has anyone had a good claims experience with Progressive?

I'm on the phone with Amica right now and the quote I am getting for theTesla is even higher than State Farm at over $2,300 for the year! Worse yet, for the house , their maximum coverage for rebuilding the house is half of what State Farm can provide so Amica does not seem to be a good option for us. Surprised actually.

So I'm now wondering god forbid there is an accident in the Tesla, if Progressive can be counted to work with the Tesla approved body shop to fully pay for the necessary repairs without drama.

Has anyone had a good claims experience with Progressive?

I'm on the phone with Amica right now and the quote I am getting for theTesla is even higher than State Farm at over $2,300 for the year! Worse yet, for the house , their maximum coverage for rebuilding the house is half of what State Farm can provide so Amica does not seem to be a good option for us. Surprised actually.

So I'm now wondering god forbid there is an accident in the Tesla, if Progressive can be counted to work with the Tesla approved body shop to fully pay for the necessary repairs without drama.

No personal claims experience with Progressive. Only my wife's opinion I mentioned. That quote is really surprising. I am wondering why that is so high. Is that a Washington DC thing? Maybe because I live in the Desert, the only threat to my Tesla is a lizard !!!

We have 4 cars with full coverage and our home insured with Progressive. Our auto policy is renewing in a few weeks and is $1,342 a year for all 4 vehicles with the Tesla being around $500 after the paid in full discount. The other vehicles are a 1999 Mustang GT, a 2008 Ford Edge, and a 2014 Lexus ES hybrid. We haven't had a claim with them and hope we never do.

That's a great rate so the question is who has used Progressive for a Tesla claim...

No personal claims experience with Progressive. Only my wife's opinion I mentioned. That quote is really surprising. I am wondering why that is so high. Is that a Washington DC thing? Maybe because I live in the Desert, the only threat to my Tesla is a lizard !!!

I was shocked with how high the Amica premium was... It was much higher than State Farm and I thought that was bad. I don't think I'm in a crazy high risk category...

I drive about 7,500 miles a year
My credit rating is around 850
Only debt is my mortgage
No traffic citations for > 10 years *knock on wood*
No accidents for > 10 years *knock on wood*
No children
40s Male

and yet over $2,300 a year to insure a Model S, even when combined with home insurance plus 3 million umbrella! :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I’m 22 years old and Male.
Model S 85 $220 a month. USAA.
Perfect driving record.
0 accidents.
0 claims.
Expensive because I’m young.
If you can get USAA as a Male older than 25 you should pay about $500 for 6 months.
Geico used to charge me $310 a month with 4 cars on the same account.

I'm making preparations to pick up my car and my current premium is about $650 for for 6 months for a Mercedes V8. State Farm just quoted $1,198 for 6 months for a Model S, essentially doubling my premium :eek:

I have a homeowner's policy, umbrella coverage, and have a good driver and claim free discount so I feel my premium shouldn't double from what I pay for the Mercedes E550.

What are the best alternatives to State Farm for home and car insurance with an umbrella? I don't want to skimp on coverage so it needs to be a reputable company and appreciate any advice!

State Farm. I pay $607 every six months for my 2017 S110D.

I've got State Farm for home, umbrella, and our cars. 2013 TMS85 is $1,422 a year. While Geico and Progressive were a smidge less expensive for the Tesla coverage, the homeowner insurance and coverage was much more favorable through State Farm. Umbrella policy was roughly the same across the 3 insurers.

• Funny