Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best Model S refresh front fascia option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey@ Videofrank are you using updated louvers or are you gonna trim the bumper. And @Wnix05 I keep watching your video and thinking how great it looks. As I understand the unplugged has a underbite too so I’m way good with that.

I used old part transfer to new pumber

Attachments

• 30113C9A-741C-4E84-9E69-85624FD36C6D.jpeg
    30113C9A-741C-4E84-9E69-85624FD36C6D.jpeg
    453.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 0CFE7F82-72AF-45A9-A681-456CFC76FF27.jpeg
    0CFE7F82-72AF-45A9-A681-456CFC76FF27.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 146
  • D4861B8A-48BF-4FC9-AC3F-728393FEA8FF.jpeg
    D4861B8A-48BF-4FC9-AC3F-728393FEA8FF.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 155
Sooo....mine is in for a drive unit replacement. Drive unit failed the same day I ordered my facelift bumper. Go figure...lol. At least they had a loaner for me. Can someone give me a quick rundown of the parts needed beside the bumper? I've read a few threads but I don't want to order too many or too few parts. Thank you guys for your help. 2013 S85

Sorry guys been out of touch. Work is kicking my but right now. I feel like I'm working more from home, then I did at the office!

Hey@ Videofrank are you using updated louvers or are you gonna trim the bumper. And @Wnix05 I keep watching your video and thinking how great it looks. As I understand the unplugged has a underbite too so I’m way good with that.

I haven't bought louvers yet. I haven't really decided if I'm going to cut it or not. I know I don't really want to spend more money on any more parts now, so there's that.

@Videofrank What did you use for the manual release? I figure its that or the 12v cables.

I haven't done it yet. I bought the 12 volt cables already because it was $20. I guess I'll decided when I open her up.

Damn weather here in the Northeast is not good enough to work on the project outside yet. I have a garage but it's too tight in there.

Hey Nick 70d, you said you didn't use a gap filler piece but it sure looks like you have something like that in this picture.

Front end.jpeg

@Videofrank I was able to call Tesla in Mt. Kisco and they were open. They are open certain hours but if you need louvers, you can catch them. With that being said I bet the bumper can be trimmed for a lot less so I think im going that route. Going to order my undershield and grill from them this weekend.

@Videofrank I was able to call Tesla in Mt. Kisco and they were open. They are open certain hours but if you need louvers, you can catch them. With that being said I bet the bumper can be trimmed for a lot less so I think im going that route. Going to order my undershield and grill from them this weekend.

Did you happen to ask them if you can order parts? Seems some people are having problems ordering parts for this install from dealers. Also do you know what they're charging for the louvers in case I decide to go that route? If I remember correctly, I think it was in the ball park of $500 for both sides.

Hey Wnix05,

I first purchased the grill you did but after talking with tyler2323 he suggested the mesh one. That way I don't have to cut it since it doesn't interfere with the radar. If it does, he owes me $30!
!

Your answer to if I’ll owe you $30 lol

Also I highly recommend buying the correct louvers if you want to make it as easy as possible. Installing the parts is literally as simple as it gets as plug and play as possible. I will also show some pics of how I installed the grill and the benefits of using a mesh grill cuz there are countless ones.

You have to remember that your old louvers are not useless especially if they are in good condition with no broken parts. You can expect to recover around $100-$150 for each selling them on eBay.

Last edited:
Hey @tyler2323 is a updated front apron assembley needed for this project? Gonna get one for videofrank when I get in contact with my service center. Just wanna know do I need to buy one too.

Updated front apron? Is this the plastic piece that would cover the t-support. If so absolutely not. In fact if using a prefacelift hood it’s only going to make it look worse. Just like if you don’t cut your t badge to slant based on the underbite you have

Hey Nick 70d, you said you didn't use a gap filler piece but it sure looks like you have something like that in this picture.
]

Frank this is just the t support and or the plastic piece that rests on top. You can see it in mine with a prefacelift hood. It also can be heated and bent upward to make it where u don’t need a gap filler. I didn’t do that but you can

011BDFD3-961A-4FF6-B466-E792900691C7.jpeg

B8F41858-AF22-4754-9ACA-40741A5A9CC2.jpeg

Last edited: