Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best Model S refresh front fascia option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 565002
I was told be TESLA SC that new bumper has a lot things changed inside, therefore, Tesla doesn't recommend updating.

Apparently UP and Tsportline are okay since they are made for the older model S. I ended up ordering Tsportline on July 4th sale price and free shipping. Did the install myself. I like UP design but not the price. Tsportline actually ended up 1/2 the UP price and Less than OEM route. Below are some photos. Need to take better pictures. I still need to do the full paint correction and PPF on the bumper and the hood.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the Tsportline bumper after the discount? Does it come painted?

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the Tsportline bumper after the discount? Does it come painted?
I purchased TSportline bumper on july 4th sale (10% off and free shipping which is normally $300) with OTD cost of ~$1750, paid $450 to a body shop for front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper trim. Then installed it myself. Pretty simple install, everything is plug n play. I just had to drill holes before painting. It ends up being cheaper than OEM with new part.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I purchased TSportline bumper on july 4th sale (10% off and free shipping which is normally $300) with OTD cost of ~$1750, paid $450 to a body shop for front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper trim. Then installed it myself. Pretty simple install, everything is plug n play. I just had to drill holes before painting. It ends up being cheaper than OEM with new part.

$450 to paint all those pieces is a great deal!

Hey guys, just wanted to update you regarding that TSK Ukrainian bumper I talked about before - apparently they are being sold in LA now. I don’t know the price yet, but saw a posting on Facebook

Attachments

• E4DA2F9D-E677-4F5C-818F-310238862EED.jpeg
    E4DA2F9D-E677-4F5C-818F-310238862EED.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 364
  • Informative
Reactions: Vinc
They also have some ridiculously good body kits as well:)
I am not affiliated with them, just really like their products and hoping one day I can afford something like that:)

Attachments

• 1B038197-BE27-4B87-A414-E2A46B186069.jpeg
    1B038197-BE27-4B87-A414-E2A46B186069.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 395
I was tossed between the Unplugged and Tsportline versions as well but decided to go the OEM refresh bumper in the end and glad I did. It takes more effort sourcing all of the parts to make this conversion possible but IMO, well worth the effort. Overall costs is about the same as the Tsportline bumper and this is done without modifying the hood. I also painted the rocker panels and rear bumper moldings to keep it consistent with the refresh Model S.
Alexvo, Did you do the work yourself? I can't seem to find a shop in the Chicagoland area who will do this work.

It will be very interesting to see if the current front fascia, post 2021 refresh, is also compatible.
One set of pre refresh louvrers lines up closely with the 2021 refresh, but two others do not exist on the refresh. I assume this has to do with the design of the new heat pump cooling. I think an OEM fascia retrofit is impossible.

Not to mention that the front fenders are wider as is the fascia where they meet, so the new fascia would require new fenders with new cameras. And probably new wheel well liners, running lights and fog lights, even if you could solve the airflow problem.

Last edited:
Hello all, Finally after years of debating on the refresh bumper and wondering which way to go. (unplugged-T-Sportline - Oem) I finally decided and went OEM and I couldn't be happier! Thanks to Arvin out in Cali. The guy really knows what he is doing. I'm on the East Coast and was considering driving out to Cali so he could install for me. Arvin convinced me to try to do the install on my own and I'm proud to say that I did it! Oem is the way to go! I try to send pics.

Hello all, Finally after years of debating on the refresh bumper and wondering which way to go. (unplugged-T-Sportline - Oem) I finally decided and went OEM and I couldn't be happier! Thanks to Arvin out in Cali. The guy really knows what he is doing. I'm on the East Coast and was considering driving out to Cali so he could install for me. Arvin convinced me to try to do the install on my own and I'm proud to say that I did it! Oem is the way to go! I try to send pics.
Congrats!