Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best option to make a drive-lapse of 5 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done a lot of time lapse driving in my Tesla and my two primary cameras I use is a Sony a6600 with a 16mm lens and an old GoPro Hero 2 from 2012. With the GoPro I have 4 batteries for it and even though they're old and don't last as long as they used to, they're still good enough to get me from supercharger to supercharger where I swap them out. My Sony a6600 battery is large and it can get me through a 5 hour drive on it's own, but I also sometimes plug a USB cable into it to just keep the battery charged up and the cable isn't a hassle where I keep it.

For mounting the GoPro I have the suction cup that GoPro sold back in 2012 that still works perfectly (even on the outside of my car) and for the Sony camera I use a single SeaSucker mount with the 7 inch bendable extension it comes with. This solution works perfectly and you can see how I have it set up here in this video
as well as many other places in my YouTube videos. I also use the SeaSucker mount occasionally to mount a tablet hanging from the ceiling for playing movies for my kids on long road trips which I've shown in several of my YouTube videos.

• Informative
Reactions: CyberGus