Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best tire place in South Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got new wheels and wondering what the best place to take my Tesla to have new tires put on and swap the TPMS from old wheels to new wheels. Looking for a place that has experience with jacking up Teslas without damaging the battery and quality work since I don't want my new wheels messed up.

Reactions: TintWorldSantaClara
I'm not sure about "the best" place, but I used America's Tire in Mountain View and had good results. There were two other Teslas at the time I was there (one on a rack and another waiting it's turn). Prices are fair (way cheaper than Tesla for the exact same tire) and they offer tire rotations and a hazard warranty (something that Tesla does not). They didn't scratch my rims either. I am not sure if they used an impact wrench to tighten the lugs though (I hope not, but suspect they did - though I can't be sure one way or the other).

I used to order tires from Tire Rack and have them delivered to Exact Motorsports in Milpitas for installation. That was a good combination, too.

I'm not sure about "the best" place, but I used America's Tire in Mountain View and had good results. There were two other Teslas at the time I was there (one on a rack and another waiting it's turn). Prices are fair (way cheaper than Tesla for the exact same tire) and they offer tire rotations and a hazard warranty (something that Tesla does not). They didn't scratch my rims either. I am not sure if they used an impact wrench to tighten the lugs though (I hope not, but suspect they did - though I can't be sure one way or the other).

I used to order tires from Tire Rack and have them delivered to Exact Motorsports in Milpitas for installation. That was a good combination, too.

They patched a tire and mounted it for free on my Model S a few years back.

I have no idea how they lifted the car however... I do have a set of pucks, I keep in the frunk, to give whomever gets the privilege in the future.

They patched a tire and mounted it for free on my Model S a few years back.

I have no idea how they lifted the car however... I do have a set of pucks, I keep in the frunk, to give whomever gets the privilege in the future.
I called them (America's Tires) and asked them how they lift the car. They said don't bring the pucks because they won't use them. They said they have a flat platform lift that lifts the entire car by most of the battery surface. They said they do Tesla's all the time like this with no damage. I guess if you distribute the lifting surface to a large enough of an area that is flat no damage will occur.

They said don't bring the pucks because they won't use them. They said they have a flat platform lift that lifts the entire car by most of the battery surface. They said they do Tesla's all the time like this with no damage.
Ummm... NO, thank you! Why would anybody risk damaging a Tesla battery pack?
Perry, please share the location of this America's Tire so that I can be sure to avoid them.