Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the cost for 4 new tires for model 3 performance?

lUtriaNt

Mar 16, 2020
Los Angeles
Chaps,

What's the cost of 4 tires through tesla service center ? The 4s 20 inch? My car is being towed to a local service center since there's no ranger with the same size spare.

I've got about 10 k miles on the tires so I'll probably get 4 but wanted to see what the cost would be.

Or can I get two? Is this mileage safe to get 4 or can I just get two?

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Chaps,

What's the cost of 4 tires through tesla service center ? The 4s 20 inch? My car is being towed to a local service center since there's no ranger with the same size spare.

I've got about 10 k miles on the tires so I'll probably get 4 but wanted to see what the cost would be.

Or can I get two? Is this mileage safe to get 4 or can I just get two?

I looked through my service history, and can see that tesla charges $350 a tire for the PS4S tires. I had to buy rims and tires because I had 2 damaged rims as well as tires, and they gave me a small discount for the purchase. I was charged $315 a tire for them, but this was November of 2019, so I dont know if the pricing is different now.

That should give you a ballpark.

There isnt a transfer case or anything, so you could definitely do 2 if you wanted (or even 1). I remember having tesla send me something in writing (well, email) when they slapped a 19 inch loaner wheel on my car, which came with 20 inch tires. I was convinced that would "not be ok" and they (roadside assistance) kept telling me "its fine, our engineers say its fine"... so I made them send me something saying, in effect, that it was fine.

Not sure if the pricing helps you, since it was over a year ago, but its one data point at least.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt

lUtriaNt

Mar 16, 2020
Los Angeles
cool. thanks for the fast response. your post helps me get into the ballpark. i figured it was around 3 ish...

ill let tesla give me an idea on what they suggest and ill decide. my tread all around is fine even at 9550 miles but thats just me eyeballin' em.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC