Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the current period between delivery confirmed and production started?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered on 6h July in our local Tesla Store, confirmed that order on 8th July in MY TESLA, but now (13 days after order confirmation) the current state in MY TESLA still shows

Your estimated delivery window is September - Early October.
Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue

Any idea when production is supposed to begin?

Any hint on current production delays due to hardware changes (in the wake of AP2.0, a possible preparation to make a retrofit possible, something like dual-camera housing as spotted on the Model X)?

Thanks, although data in that document does not seem to be quite up-to-date and/or complete, it at least give a raw feeling. Latest confirmed order to show production started is from 6th July, and the confirmed orders from this Month gone into production have a range of 10 to 16 days between confirmed and production started, so I expect ours to go into production within the next few days then (except of course there really should be a delay right now for some reasons).

I'm not worried about missing any new hardware, but I need to register that car for a governmental aid in advance of delivery, but then I only have a certain amount of time for handing in all necessary paperwork later, otherwise that aid will expire.

Thanks, although data in that document does not seem to be quite up-to-date and/or complete, it at least give a raw feeling. Latest confirmed order to show production started is from 6th July, and the confirmed orders from this Month gone into production have a range of 10 to 16 days between confirmed and production started, so I expect ours to go into production within the next few days then (except of course there really should be a delay right now for some reasons).

I'm not worried about missing any new hardware, but I need to register that car for a governmental aid in advance of delivery, but then I only have a certain amount of time for handing in all necessary paperwork later, otherwise that aid will expire.

That is probably the single biggest repository of data you are likely to find regarding order, confirmation, production, and delivery dates. Sure, it is incomplete and relies on owners to enter the information, but I know of no other way to compile that data short of Tesla releasing statistics (which I doubt they ever will).

Then again, European orders (just noticed that you are from Austria) typically have significantly longer lead times. There are far fewer data points for European deliveries than there are for US orders.

Well well, I have just been informed by email and in MY TESLA, that our S 60 has entered production. :D

So 13 days after order confirmed it is, no worries, and luckily no delay due to the fact that it's an European order.

From my understanding, most of the delay comes in shipping the car once it is finished. There may be some delay before it enters production because Tesla seems to "batch" production runs based on location and model.

I'm trying not to whine that my S90D hasn't yet hit production. I get the feeling that they're working on S60D and S75Ds right now, though, since according to the spreadsheet, those are the most recent ones that have gone in, while the most recent S90D only went in last week.

I see you haven't filled in your data in the spreadsheet. Please do so, it will help others who may have the same question as you had.
Done, but there are problems with that spreadsheet (drop down for wheels and seats not working, days from confirmed to production does not calculate). I don't really like Google Docs, it's a pain in the arse to work here because it practically kills the browser on my low power netbook.

I am currently in production queue so I appreciate people updating the spreadsheet. I'm also binge watch tesla YouTube videos!

Confirmed: 10July
VIN assigned: 17July
VIN: 152,XXX
Production start: not yet.
Estimated delivery is Mid September per my DS.

I just added my data to the spreadsheet. How do you know your production status? MyTesla just says "your order has entered the production queue". Is that the section of the page that will update when production starts?
You got be really lucky to get into production within a week. I see that you confirmed on 7/14/16 znd already showing up as production queue. whats the delivery date your mytesla page showing now ?
I am also eagerly waiting for my status change. Still shows order confirmed in mytesla.

You got be really lucky to get into production within a week. I see that you confirmed on 7/14/16 znd already showing up as production queue. whats the delivery date your mytesla page showing now ?
I am also eagerly waiting for my status change. Still shows order confirmed in mytesla.
I ordered on 7/7, 7/14 the order confirmed & switched on MyTesla to showing:
What's Next?
Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue.

My VIN also appeared right away once my order was confirmed. The delivery window also switched from showing "Late September" to saying "Your estimated delivery window is Late August - September."

I have no idea what is normal or not. My DS here in MN commented that the shipping from Cali to MN takes around 2-3 weeks and often is one of the slowest parts of the process.

I ordered on July 7, confirmed on July 16, and entered production queue on July 21. Freemont pickup. MyTesla page shows Late July-August.
Red 60D
Next gen black
Pano
Obachi matte
Autopilot
Premium interior
How strange! Our orders are very similar and I'm expected to pick up mid September!

Ordered 4 July
Confirmed 10July
Vin assigned 17July

Model S 60 in white
Next gen black seats
Pano
Obeche matte
Autopilot
Pickup: Costa Mesa, California

I bet it's the pick up location!
What status was it showing before it said "entered production queue" under whats next?
Does anyone know generally hiw long it would take from production queue to production started ?

i always checked the main mytesla page where it would show "order confirmed" and still shows the same. But once i click on the order ,under "whats next" it says it entered production. I do not know what it said when i first confirmed the order as i never checked this section.

What status was it showing before it said "entered production queue" under whats next?
Does anyone know generally hiw long it would take from production queue to production started ?

i always checked the main mytesla page where it would show "order confirmed" and still shows the same. But once i click on the order ,under "whats next" it says it entered production. I do not know what it said when i first confirmed the order as i never checked this section.
My car immediately showed
What's Next?

Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue.

once my order was confirmed.