Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the current period between delivery confirmed and production started?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How strange! Our orders are very similar and I'm expected to pick up mid September!

Ordered 4 July
Confirmed 10July
Vin assigned 17July

Model S 60 in white
Next gen black seats
Pano
Obeche matte
Autopilot
Pickup: Costa Mesa, California

Your order is very similar to mine and the pick up location is close by; I anticipate that our vehicles will enter production very near in time to each other. Let me know if you get any updates on yours. .

My info:

Ordered July 4
Confirmed July 10
VIN July 17
Pick up - Burbank

Your order is very similar to mine and the pick up location is close by; I anticipate that our vehicles will enter production very near in time to each other. Let me know if you get any updates on yours. .

My info:

Ordered July 4
Confirmed July 10
VIN July 17
Pick up - Burbank

Perfect! I'll be sure to update the spreadsheet along the way as well as in one of these threads

That's pre-production, so actual production is next (as shown by the spreadsheet, production should start between 10 and 16 days after order confirmed).

Is that always true? Mine seems to take longer. Order confirmed on July 2nd. Production didn't start yet. Delivery estimate end August - beg September. East coast.

Getting inpatient, but in the mean time wife convince me re-organize garage professionally.. ;)

Tell me if this seems faster then usual. I got a email at 2:30am on Saturday letting me know my S60 was confirmed and on the production que. A half hour later at 3:00am I got a email providing me with my vin. Seems quicker then most, or am I mistaken?

Is that always true? Mine seems to take longer. Order confirmed on July 2nd. Production didn't start yet. Delivery estimate end August - beg September. East coast.

Getting inpatient, but in the mean time wife convince me re-organize garage professionally.. ;)
I ordered the same day and was confirmed on the 9th with a vin an hour later. I havnt even touched production yet but the car is 100% paid for including I already have my Fedex registration. My final MVPA shows delivery of 8/14 to TX. We'll see how true this holds up.

Tell me if this seems faster then usual. I got a email at 2:30am on Saturday letting me know my S60 was confirmed and on the production que. A half hour later at 3:00am I got a email providing me with my vin. Seems quicker then most, or am I mistaken?
I have not heard of someone getting that.. there's no way that can actually be true (hopefully it is) what does your mytesla page show?

I thinkbthats normal. Once order is aito confirmed vin is generated automatically with order put in production queue.
Same happend with me. Confirmed on 7/14 with vin almost the same day but hasnt moved into production yet. I am expexting it to hit production next week. It looks like from production queue to actual production is atleast 2 weeks wait.

I thinkbthats normal. Once order is aito confirmed vin is generated automatically with order put in production queue.
Same happend with me. Confirmed on 7/14 with vin almost the same day but hasnt moved into production yet. I am expexting it to hit production next week. It looks like from production queue to actual production is atleast 2 weeks wait.

Just got "entered production" email this morning. 22 days since order confirmation.

Ordered 6/26
Confirmed 7/2
VIN assigned 7/3

Nothing more yet. 75D for Fremont pickup, with late July-August estimate. I think they do the local pickups at the very end of the estimated timeframe. DS suggests production end of this month or first week of August for delivery by mid August.