Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the deal with some US Tesla Stores not selling apparel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've gone to a few Tesla stores and my local one (Greenwich CT) Has sold apparel instead of cars. My perception was that all Tesla Stores had apparel for sale but I've gone to two other stores and they didn't have apparel at all. Have any of you guys seen the same thing at your local stores?

Rules of retail usually mean never ship something more than once.

Ship to store. Store has inventory of various sizes. Can't have it all. So they end up with a lot of XS and XXL's at the end. Options are to mark it down or move it out. Never ship it again. Margins go out the window when you have to ship stuff a second or third time.

No inside knowledge, but I assume Tesla doesn't want to be in the store clothing and lifestyle inventory world. I also think they don't want the sales folks working on cotton and polyester, but wheels and batteries.

So online it goes. I do agree with many past posts on TMC that the online sales of accessories and clothing has left something to be desired in terms of quickness to deliver product and adequate customer service via follow up about orders etc....