TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What's the deal with some US Tesla Stores not selling apparel?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by MDRZ-040, Aug 21, 2018.

1. MDRZ-040

MDRZ-040 New Member

I've gone to a few Tesla stores and my local one (Greenwich CT) Has sold apparel instead of cars. My perception was that all Tesla Stores had apparel for sale but I've gone to two other stores and they didn't have apparel at all. Have any of you guys seen the same thing at your local stores?

2. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Active Member

Down here in Georgia I have never seen apparel for sale.

Dan

3. Hank42

Hank42 Member

I recently was told they are shifting to online sales only.

4. outdoors

outdoors Supporting Member

Rules of retail usually mean never ship something more than once.

Ship to store. Store has inventory of various sizes. Can't have it all. So they end up with a lot of XS and XXL's at the end. Options are to mark it down or move it out. Never ship it again. Margins go out the window when you have to ship stuff a second or third time.

No inside knowledge, but I assume Tesla doesn't want to be in the store clothing and lifestyle inventory world. I also think they don't want the sales folks working on cotton and polyester, but wheels and batteries.

So online it goes. I do agree with many past posts on TMC that the online sales of accessories and clothing has left something to be desired in terms of quickness to deliver product and adequate customer service via follow up about orders etc....

5. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

My SC uk won’t even sell me some stuff they said some accessories and apparel is “location dependant” not too sure what my location has to do with anything as the cars come from the same place so if it’s good for an MX in NYC why not the UK?