Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the difference between my software version and the new one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently on 2021.36.8. I'm now getting 2021.44.6 pushed to me. I can see the notes for what's in the new version. Is that the sum total of the difference between the two versions or are there intermediate versions I wasn't pushed and thus have no idea what the total set of new features I would get with the update would be?

TIA,
David

You can see release notes for all version here. To the right of each entry it is noted whether or not the release was just bug fixes or new functionality was added. (Note, not all new functionality may apply to your model)
Right, but how do I know if features from intervening updates are included in my new update (or even if there ARE intervening updates) even though not listed as associated with that specific update?

Upvote 0
Right, but how do I know if features from intervening updates are included in my new update (or even if there ARE intervening updates) even though not listed as associated with that specific update?
Every update is cumulative, so you‘ll get all previously released features even if you don’t receive some updates. Note that the FSD Beta builds are a different branch and don’t include all the features from the production builds.

Upvote 0
Every update is cumulative, so you‘ll get all previously released features even if you don’t receive some updates. Note that the FSD Beta builds are a different branch and don’t include all the features from the production builds.
Right, as you and MY1stEV suggest, I have features from other versions as well now. It makes it difficult to assess the full set of 'new' features coming with any particular update. Seems like a crazy versioning system to me. Is there something I'm missing in terms of the wisdom underlying Tesla's approach?

Upvote 0