Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the hooptiest car anyone took to pick up their Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OxBrew

Sep 23, 2021
Spokane WA
Picking up the Y this afternoon (supposedly, yesterday mid day the car was still 6 hour drive away) and we have a choice of drop off vehicle: 2004 Suby Forester with dents in 3 corners, or a 1983 Toyota Tercel S---box special, that will leave a oil patch in the parking lot. (I would take the 1965 Volvo Amazon, but the rear lights don't work, and the back doors are held shut with a rope)

Just wondering if we really have to take the Tercel to be in the running for hooptiest drop off car, I really don't want to, might have to tow it home. (but we did order a hitch, so we could rig something up).

So what did you take to the lot to pick up your Y? I have until about 5pm west coast to decide.

• Funny
Reactions: GWord
Picking up the Y this afternoon (supposedly, yesterday mid day the car was still 6 hour drive away) and we have a choice of drop off vehicle: 2004 Suby Forester with dents in 3 corners, or a 1983 Toyota Tercel S---box special, that will leave a oil patch in the parking lot. (I would take the 1965 Volvo Amazon, but the rear lights don't work, and the back doors are held shut with a rope)

Just wondering if we really have to take the Tercel to be in the running for hooptiest drop off car, I really don't want to, might have to tow it home. (but we did order a hitch, so we could rig something up).

So what did you take to the lot to pick up your Y? I have until about 5pm west coast to decide.
I'm trading in my dear old 2001 Camry, which I brought in 2009. I've been considering getting rid of it for at least 5 years, but it simply will not break down. That thing starts first time at -20F in a Minnesota January, grinds up rough dirt roads in the Mountain West like a 4WD, and just eats up miles without ever seeming to wear out. I reckon it's got at least 500K more miles in it. The only thing to have affected it since I bought it was a mouse that died in the ducts during the Covid lockdown! That took a couple of visits to the local Toyota dealer to properly drive the smell out... Toyota seem to have completely screwed themselves with the transition to electric cars, but as for building near-unbreakable ICE vehicles - damn.

Reactions: OxBrew
Upvote 0
I'm trading in my dear old 2001 Camry, which I brought in 2009. I've been considering getting rid of it for at least 5 years, but it simply will not break down. That thing starts first time at -20F in a Minnesota January, grinds up rough dirt roads in the Mountain West like a 4WD, and just eats up miles without ever seeming to wear out. I reckon it's got at least 500K more miles in it. The only thing to have affected it since I bought it was a mouse that died in the ducts during the Covid lockdown! That took a couple of visits to the local Toyota dealer to properly drive the smell out... Toyota seem to have completely screwed themselves with the transition to electric cars, but as for building near-unbreakable ICE vehicles - damn.
We need to compare dents to really know who was the hooptiest. We have 2 dents in steel, one big cave in in the front bumper plastic. But running great. Pics later, maybe.

Reactions: Tararua
Upvote 0