Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the latest confirmation date that has received a VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI Club members

Please share the latest date of your confirmation of your Model X in this thread. Please state your configurations and what date did you confirm the order?

Thanks so much TMC!

P90D ludicrous, 20" wheels, all options but subzero package. Confirmed 12/16, VIN assigned 12/23 or thereabouts (it's when I noticed it on the MyTesla page). No delivery date as yet.

Good question. My info is in signature. I received a VIN in mid January.

Wonderful! I think this is really the important question to ask. We all know VIN is production in progress, and confirmation date is really the important date we should notice. If we have enough info we can kinda guess you are at least close to your production of your car. We are in such a confusion zone right now.

P90D confirmed on 1/11. VIN xx67x issued roundabout 1/17 or 1/18 (I only saw it on the 18th)

See? This thread is already working toward our benefit. I can almost guarantee it's the black wheel that caused the delay. I confirmed 1/4 and no VIN but black wheel is selected. The black wheel is definitely the reason that delayed my car, therefore no VIN. I am also P90DL with 7 seater, premium upgrade. Thanks for the important information.

See? This thread is already working toward our benefit. I can almost guarantee it's the black wheel that caused the delay. I confirmed 1/4 and no VIN but black wheel is selected. The black wheel is definitely the reason that delayed my car, therefore no VIN. I am also P90DL with 7 seater, premium upgrade. Thanks for the important information.

I thought we already knew of this correlation two to three weeks ago. Not one car with the the black onyx wheel option has progressed into pre-production. In addition several weeks ago one of the forum members posted he had spoken to someone in Freemont who told him it would be at least summer before they are available. It is a sourcing issue. The other things that can effect delivery is you have to have ordered a P90D with autopilot and the premium package. No other options will effect delivery.nor will whether you are paying cash, leasing or financing.

I thought we already knew of this correlation two to three weeks ago. Not one car with the the black onyx wheel option has progressed into pre-production. In addition several weeks ago one of the forum members posted he had spoken to someone in Freemont who told him it would be at least summer before they are available. It is a sourcing issue. The other things that can effect delivery is you have to have ordered a P90D with autopilot and the premium package. No other options will effect delivery.nor will whether you are paying cash, leading or financing.

VIN is a great indication that car will be build before people who do not have VIN yet. How is that possible that I have already switched from black to silver yet still having no VIN since Tesla keeps your original place in line?

Here is my configuration:
P90D Ludicrous
7 Seater
Autopilot
Metallic white
22 silver turbine (Changed from Black Onix)
Premium upgrade
Towing
Sound upgrade
Amperage upgrade
Smart air suspension
sub zero package
carbon fiber decor
White seats

VIN is a great indication that car will be build before people who do not have VIN yet. How is that possible that I have already switched from black to silver yet still having no VIN since Tesla keeps your original place in line?

Here is my configuration:
P90D Ludicrous
7 Seater
Autopilot
Metallic white
22 silver turbine (Changed from Black Onix)
Premium upgrade
Towing
Sound upgrade
Amperage upgrade
Smart air suspension
sub zero package
carbon fiber decor
White seats

i do not believe that there have been any VINs issued in the past four weeks (according to the ModelXTracker).

First there haven't been ANY VINs issued for 3 1/2 weeks. Next there are over a 1,200 if not more people who have ordered a similar configuration to yours the majority of which who placed their order 3-4 weeks before you. Finally by changing your order probably moved you to the bottom of the list. I am sure Tesla told you changing your order won't delay the order. Tesla tells people a lot of things which aren't true.

I have seem your post under many threads. The answer isn't going to change. You ordered your car late in the game and there are a lots of people who ordered before you with loaded configurations so you are going to have to wait your turn in line. None of these people have any sympathy for you as most have been waiting for years not days.

First there haven't been ANY VINs issued for 3 1/2 weeks. Next there are over a 1,200 if not more people who have ordered a similar configuration to yours the majority of which who placed their order 3-4 weeks before you. Finally by changing your order probably moved you to the bottom of the list. I am sure Tesla told you changing your order won't delay the order. Tesla tells people a lot of things which aren't true.

I have seem your post under many threads. The answer isn't going to change. You ordered your car late in the game and there are a lots of people who ordered before you with loaded configurations so you are going to have to wait your turn in line. None of these people have any sympathy for you as most have been waiting for years not days.

I am not here asking for sympathy. I am here getting more information on Model X. Like you said, Tesla said many things that aren't true. So putting me at bottom of the list is just your opinion i guess. Please don't get offended as any of us here on this forum is free to post in any thread as they desire. Remember there are many people who are also in my position and want to know what exactly is going on with their cars. No need to put harsh words on me. Feel free to put some useful information here.

It is just irritating when people don't read through the forum to find information but create new threads or ask the same question over and over again. There are about five topics this being one which have been discussed over and over and over again. I guess some people think if they ask the same question over and over at some point the answer will change. This topic is not only at the main Model X level but at th sublevel too. I read every post to keep informed therefore when I start a new post I know it is not a duplicate. It is getting the point where there is so much garbage and duplication on this forum it is becoming useless. Another topic people get past is why doesn't the back seat fold down. The answer is it the way it is and no matter how many threads and posts there are it is never going to fold.

I actually feel guilty because my reservation number was in the 8000 and I had waited three years but a lot of people had waited a lot longer. Wthey started taking orders I ordered quick and ordered all most ever option. I went from being over 8000 in line to being 251st in line. It looks like it is only going to take 8 weeks from order to delivery. I like the fact I am getting my car faster than almost anyone else but I don't think it was done fairly.

One last thing that bothers me are the trolls and lookie loos.

It is just irritating when people don't read through the forum to find information but create new threads or ask the same question over and over again. There are about five topics this being one which have been discussed over and over and over again. I guess some people think if they ask the same question over and over at some point the answer will change. This topic is not only at the main Model X level but at th sublevel too. I read every post to keep informed therefore when I start a new post I know it is not a duplicate. It is getting the point where there is so much garbage and duplication on this forum it is becoming useless. Another topic people get past is why doesn't the back seat fold down. The answer is it the way it is and no matter how many threads and posts there are it is never going to fold.

I actually feel guilty because my reservation number was in the 8000 and I had waited three years but a lot of people had waited a lot longer. Wthey started taking orders I ordered quick and ordered all most ever option. I went from being over 8000 in line to being 251st in line. It looks like it is only going to take 8 weeks from order to delivery. I like the fact I am getting my car faster than almost anyone else but I don't think it was done fairly.

One last thing that bothers me are the trolls and lookie loos.

Wow, you are really jump the line pretty significantly. But good for you. I am res# 11,xxx so not really that far from you. The fact i am not even getting a VIN and your car is close to be delivered shows Tesla is pretty unpredictable and random. One of the Tesla sales told me that Model X VIN does not dictate your place in line, it's your configuration, and confirmed date determine the position.

One of the Tesla sales told me that Model X VIN does not dictate your place in line, it's your configuration, and confirmed date determine the position.
That seems correct but your configuration, and confirmed date get you the VIN without which, you have no place in line. So the VIN just appears to be a small rounding error in the scheme of things once you actually get one.

Had a thought that perhaps Tesla is going to stop notifying customers of VIN assignment. Is there really a reason they have to? Perhaps they will skip this step and just reach out for payment and delivery.

You could be right. You need it for insurance, registration and financing (if applicable), but you don't need it months ahead of time. There's really no benefit to TM to give out the info except it makes us feel one step closer to our Xs!

You could be right. You need it for insurance, registration and financing (if applicable), but you don't need it months ahead of time. There's really no benefit to TM to give out the info except it makes us feel one step closer to our Xs!

I sent my configuration page to the insurer and they can't do anything until the VIN is posted as produced. Makes sense...so in the same sense as we ordered on speculation of final design(s), same with insurance. But if we have to know how much before buying, then we can't afford the car! BUT, it would be nice to know. Locality of registration, value of the vehicle and personal driving records are the major metrics the bean counters use. If company owned, then all drivers of record of all drivers factor in, but that is for company owned only of course.

Even though my car is finished and has been done for three weeks it still hasn't showed up at the state DMV according to my insurance company. I don't know how often Tesla uploads the info.

How do you know it is actually finished and has been for three weeks? My guess is you don't, but your DS told you it was. Probably true, but who knows. I will believe my car is finished when I show up at delivery and it is there. My DS is awesome and super-responsive and helpful, but somehow my car was in production 2.5 weeks ago and then last week it was "entering production". I've never had so much trouble trying to give someone $140,000!

That said, I wait happily, though I enjoy venting every now and again. It will be worth the wait and, once delivered, I will need to find something new to obsess about - which can be hard.

That said, I wait happily, though I enjoy venting every now and again. It will be worth the wait and, once delivered, I will need to find something new to obsess about - which can be hard.

I wait, but the wait may give me a stroke!

As for finding something new to obsess about. That's NEVER a problem for me. I have more obsessions (aka hobbies) that I'll just shift back to my airplanes!

f05c27c4add486dfd7bbde4efd2b09af.jpg