Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the latest confirmation date that has received a VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could be right. You need it for insurance, registration and financing (if applicable), but you don't need it months ahead of time. There's really no benefit to TM to give out the info except it makes us feel one step closer to our Xs!
It's funny that Tesla makes you give them proof of insurance as part of the order process, but you cannot get insurance without a VIN.

So the info I gave them about proof of insurance prior to getting a VIN was a waste of time?

I just left the insurance section blank for now since the only policy number I have is for my current car and the Model X will get a new policy number once it arrives. They should only need it when it comes time for delivery.

I wait, but the wait may give me a stroke!

As for finding something new to obsess about. That's NEVER a problem for me. I have more obsessions (aka hobbies) that I'll just shift back to my airplanes!

f05c27c4add486dfd7bbde4efd2b09af.jpg

Wow ! very nice RC plane ! I'm also flying RC planes, but only on summer. So at the moment, nothing to do other than reading the forum and dream of MX :)

It's funny that Tesla makes you give them proof of insurance as part of the order process, but you cannot get insurance without a VIN.

So the info I gave them about proof of insurance prior to getting a VIN was a waste of time?

All insurance companies have a clause that covers a newly purchased vehicle driven by the policy holder for a few days. That's why they want your policy data

Okay, I am almost embarrassed to report this, I am a real late comer to the party, but I got my VIN today.

Reserved 10/2/15, Confirmed 1/12/16, VIN 000840 assigned 2/17/16.

I don't understand how I am looking at such a low number.

Maybe someone with a very good history of Tesla car purchase (like owner of Roadster, owner of S) can have higher priority.

Model-X is my first Tesla, but I would be ok having someone who did help Tesla since the very beginning go before me. Tesla is alive today because of you guys (Thanks !)

Logged in a few hours ago and got my VIN:

Reserved 5/29/15, Reservation# 17,8XX, Configure Invitation 1/4/16, Configured 1/11/16, DS Assigned 1/14/16, Confirmed 1/18/16, VIN Assigned 2/29/16, MX Production VIN# 0013XX

Model X P90D | All-Wheel Drive | Obsidian Black Metallic Paint | 22" Onyx Black Wheels | Ultra White Seats | Carbon Fiber Décor | Black Headliner | Six Seat Interior | Active Spoiler | Tesla Red Brake Calipers | Supercharger Enabled | High Amperage Charger Upgrade | Autopilot Convenience Features | Premium Upgrades Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Subzero Weather Package | Towing Package

Logged in a few hours ago and got my VIN:

Reserved 5/29/15, Reservation# 17,8XX, Configure Invitation 1/4/16, Configured 1/11/16, DS Assigned 1/14/16, Confirmed 1/18/16, VIN Assigned 2/29/16, MX Production VIN# 0013XX

Model X P90D | All-Wheel Drive | Obsidian Black Metallic Paint | 22" Onyx Black Wheels | Ultra White Seats | Carbon Fiber Décor | Black Headliner | Six Seat Interior | Active Spoiler | Tesla Red Brake Calipers | Supercharger Enabled | High Amperage Charger Upgrade | Autopilot Convenience Features | Premium Upgrades Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Subzero Weather Package | Towing Package

please restrain from posting the exact same post in multiple threads.