Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the latest on All-Seasons for 21"

noshadow

Mar 18, 2020
Berkeley, CA
I've found a bunch of threads about all-season tires on the uberturbine 21" wheels, but nothing is conclusive. It doesn't seem like there are any official replacements yet, and people are just getting sizes that are "close"

I have a set of winter/snow tires on a set of rims, but I want something that's all-season in case I'm driving over a mountain pass briefly on a fall/spring road trip. One of my tires is losing pressure as of last week, so I'm sure it's a good time to look into new tires.

Where can I get a definitive list of what works as all-seasons on the 21" wheels?

jpy1980

Jul 17, 2021
Los Angeles
So far it’s been confirmed that Michelin AS4 have fit in 265/35/21 Front and 275/35/21 rears. Another member actually fit 265/40/21 front and 285/40/21 rear with the same tires. In terms Of all season tires, that’s all I know. Michelin is supposedly going to come out with all seasons for the 255/35/21 fronts but nothing yet.
There are a couple of ongoing threads on this that you may want to search.

noshadow

Mar 18, 2020
Berkeley, CA
So far it’s been confirmed that Michelin AS4 have fit in 265/35/21 Front and 275/35/21 rears. Another member actually fit 265/40/21 front and 285/40/21 rear with the same tires. In terms Of all season tires, that’s all I know. Michelin is supposedly going to come out with all seasons for the 255/35/21 fronts but nothing yet.
There are a couple of ongoing threads on this that you may want to search.

You're right, I've found a bunch of threads but I just haven't found anything definitive, though maybe there isn't. The 265/35/21 and 275/35/21 seem to be a good set. I'll try to look for those locally.

jpy1980

Jul 17, 2021
Los Angeles
You're right, I've found a bunch of threads but I just haven't found anything definitive, though maybe there isn't. The 265/35/21 and 275/35/21 seem to be a good set. I'll try to look for those locally.
Good luck and keep us posted. I too am looking for different, more durable, options. I’m also thinking of just going with a square setup, just so I can rotate the tires. Ifloor this car too much :)

(btw I went to Berkeley, class of 02! How’s life up there? I miss it. I hope topdog is still open :))

Reactions: noshadow

noshadow

Mar 18, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Good luck and keep us posted. I too am looking for different, more durable, options. I’m also thinking of just going with a square setup, just so I can rotate the tires. Ifloor this car too much :)

(btw I went to Berkeley, class of 02! How’s life up there? I miss it. I hope topdog is still open :))

Yeah, I drive like a grandma these days (usually bringing my dog everywhere) so I haven't needed to rotate really.

Berkeley is good! I've been around here for most of my life, so not much new going on.

Terpslax

Jul 18, 2021
Long Island
I have the 265/275 set up on my 21”. Looks great and feels a tad less bumpy. Some folks had complained of road noise but I haven‘t noticed that at all. I had considered going w 19” wheels but the 21’s look so good….

noshadow

Mar 18, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Just ordered them!
265/40ZR-21
285/40ZR-21

Hope to get them on soon. I'm looking forward to not worrying if I need to go through a cold mountain pass on a longer roadtrip and having some more meat to help with the ride comfort. I'm already on MPP comforts, and it's still pretty harsh with the 21's. I have a set of 20" with winter tires, and it's substantially better when those are on.

noshadow

Mar 18, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Just ordered them!
265/40ZR-21
285/40ZR-21

Hope to get them on soon. I'm looking forward to not worrying if I need to go through a cold mountain pass on a longer roadtrip and having some more meat to help with the ride comfort. I'm already on MPP comforts, and it's still pretty harsh with the 21's. I have a set of 20" with winter tires, and it's substantially better when those are on.
Whoops, actually the rear tires are back ordered for 60+ days on tirerack. Anyone know another good place to buy?

noshadow

Mar 18, 2020
Berkeley, CA
E4B9FD52-CFBD-480D-A60D-D9926AA83C77.jpeg

Does this look right? America’s Tire a good place to order?

Reactions: jpy1980
Looking for some advice. While I love the idea of going slightly larger on these, especially for rim protection and ride, I’m wondering if All Seasons is right for me. I live in south FL where I can use summer tires all year, no problem. I grew up hearing All Seasons are a compromise tire and best to use Summer when able……don’t know if thats valid or not. So, my question is: Does it make sense to switch to All Seasons when it’s not required? Am I “giving up” anything by foregoing the Summer tires?

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
Looking for some advice. While I love the idea of going slightly larger on these, especially for rim protection and ride, I’m wondering if All Seasons is right for me. I live in south FL where I can use summer tires all year, no problem. I grew up hearing All Seasons are a compromise tire and best to use Summer when able……don’t know if thats valid or not. So, my question is: Does it make sense to switch to All Seasons when it’s not required? Am I “giving up” anything by foregoing the Summer tires?
Grip when cornering; the softer rubber compound in summer performance tires will help your Model Y to reach maximum lateral Gs. The softer rubber will wear faster than any of the harder rubber compound tires. If you don't care about maximizing handling but prefer a quieter more supple ride then grand touring all-season tires might be a good choice. Performance all-season tires and Ultra High Performance all-season tires are designed to retain some of the grip of a performance tire, even in colder temperatures.

Reactions: GroovaEV and Riguy

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC