Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the latest on All-Seasons for 21"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on the same boat. My MYP will probably be ready in the middle of December in Michigan its winter. So in the worst case I wouldn't even be able to drive back home after delivery(28miles). Michigan roads are terrible- bumps, cracks and pot holes. I wish MYP comes with 20inch wheels. Now I have 2 options-1. either go with Pilot sport AS4 on 21s and sell Pirelli's 2. for better compliant ride get aftermarket 20s with PS AS4s. I love the look of uber turbines however worried about the harsh ride and risk of damaging them. Can I get some impressions on how harsh the 21s are with AS4s?

(BTW I currently drive Model S with air suspension and I understand that MYP with 21s will be not as plush my MS. Also for the past 1 week I've been driving M3 with 18s that I got as a loaner and its not terrible either. )

So far, on the little I’ve driven, I‘d say the ride is more compliant. A little more refined by a smidge. I also do notice a bit more noise, but given the tires don’t even have 10 miles on them yet, I expect that will change. Will know better after this weekend. And the other bonus is the velour siding on the wide of the tire just makes them look much better than the Perellis.

Reactions: DarthStar
Has anybody talked to somebody about updates on the stock performance sizes?

My 275/35/21 are now showing 1/29/22 availability and the 255/35/21 are showing back ordered.

This is well after the initial dates i was given and would effectively put my Y out if commission until I get a wheel situation figured out

I ordered the 265/275 set up for my MYP 21” wheels too, but Tesla does not install non OEM tires. May I ask which shop installed these tires for your MYP? I live in Long Island as well. Or could you please recommend a tire shop to do installation?
These guys ordered and installed the tires for for me ($1792 total), took about an hour. I brought my pucks with me, they cost $30 on Amazon.

Adding mine to the thread. Just had the 265/285/40 set up like @noshadow done by Discount Tire. The stance looks much, much better IMO and I love the extra rim protection. I've been super careful avoiding any curbs, but I know it's just a matter of time before one jumps out and gets me.

I have to turn a very tight circle, wheel into the stops, to back in to my garage. No rubbing at all. I did it 4 times to be sure...nothing. Running at 46 PSI all around. Ride is a little smoother, but road noise is more noticeable...not a lot, but more than stock.
IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2016.jpeg
IMG_2017.jpeg

Reactions: Riguy
These guys ordered and installed the tires for for me ($1792 total), took about an hour. I brought my pucks with me, they cost $30 on Amazon.

Thank you so much for your information. I am not far from this tire shop. I just have the tires installed this afternoon. Looks great!

Ok I've been researching here and on fb for hours and cant make up my mind on which size tires to buy since my MYP will be arriving next month. Can someone please explain the pros/cons of the front 265/40 & rear 285/40 vs the 275/35 or 265/40 fronts with the 295/35(rear)? We are a bigger couple and I don't want any issues with our heavy loads 😅

do you have pictures of the installed tires? looking to run the same setup too. can you comment on the ride feel?

do you have pictures of the installed tires? looking to run the same setup too. can you comment on the ride feel?
Ride feel is better with Michelin, a tad softer.

Attachments

• B05BA078-C083-4329-B8ED-5825B2FE74FC.jpeg
    B05BA078-C083-4329-B8ED-5825B2FE74FC.jpeg
    626.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 14C7A9A7-CDA4-4A63-A1EE-034B2E0CC053.jpeg
    14C7A9A7-CDA4-4A63-A1EE-034B2E0CC053.jpeg
    466.8 KB · Views: 105
  • C10230A8-E82C-4422-8FB2-307B8FDBE28A.jpeg
    C10230A8-E82C-4422-8FB2-307B8FDBE28A.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: SuzyQ4 and tezlam3
For those wondering about range impact (265/35 front and 275/35 rear) with the Pilot AS tires--I had these installed and accumulated about 500 highway miles over the weekend--consumption seemed a tad higher (although hard to tell if it was weather (slightly cooler now heading into Fall)--can't say definitively, but I feel like there is a 'slight' range penalty. (My comparison was over the exact same 250 mile segment of I70 (between St. Louis and Kanas City). Then again, it is a MYP--clearly was not selected for optimal efficiency!

For those wondering about range impact (265/35 front and 275/35 rear) with the Pilot AS tires--I had these installed and accumulated about 500 highway miles over the weekend--consumption seemed a tad higher (although hard to tell if it was weather (slightly cooler now heading into Fall)--can't say definitively, but I feel like there is a 'slight' range penalty. (My comparison was over the exact same 250 mile segment of I70 (between St. Louis and Kanas City). Then again, it is a MYP--clearly was not selected for optimal efficiency!
I have been driving on them for about a 1000 miles and my best guess would be 3-5% decline in range. I find that around town for the short drives it’s more noticeable. On the highway, I notice no difference at all.

Reactions: DarthStar