Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the least invasive way to install/tap power for a Dashcam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys, sorry I have a slightly related question but didn't wanted to create a new thread for it. I'm planning to install dash cams to my MS and today after reading this thread I popped open the microphone panel. Usually in the photos and videos I've seen the cable is spare/not used. However my one has a component connected to it... I don't know what it's for but wondering if anyone else knows, if so is it safe to tap into this? Anyone know of an adapter that will 'T' into the plug/connections here?

Attachments

• IMG_20191110_154335.jpg
    IMG_20191110_154335.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 55
Hey Guys, sorry I have a slightly related question but didn't wanted to create a new thread for it. I'm planning to install dash cams to my MS and today after reading this thread I popped open the microphone panel. Usually in the photos and videos I've seen the cable is spare/not used. However my one has a component connected to it... I don't know what it's for but wondering if anyone else knows, if so is it safe to tap into this? Anyone know of an adapter that will 'T' into the plug/connections here?
I believe the spare connector in U.S. cars is for a motion sensing burglar alarm. In Europe these are installed as standard equipment.