Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the max generation you've seen for a 16.2kWh system at any given time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flipping this thread on its head a bit, what's the minimum generation you've seen from a working system?

Even through some big, cloudy storms, we've managed to eke out a few kWh per day at a minimum. But today we've got about an inch of snow on the panels, and my SolarEdge monitoring app is reporting a whopping 6 wh for today.
If we get enough snow, will get 0 kW. Fortunately we rarely have more than a day of no production. Sometimes we'll still have an inch or two and our 20.5 kW system will still be able to produce 1.5 to 2 kW, which is enough to power the house. Sometimes I'll see as little as 0.1 kW being generated. As soon as the sun peeks out, I'll get the roof rake out and can clear about a third of our panels.

We're already having several days per week where our generation (approaching 70 kWh) is exceeding our daily usage. No big snows for us since day after Labor Day.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Flipping this thread on its head a bit, what's the minimum generation you've seen from a working system?

Even through some big, cloudy storms, we've managed to eke out a few kWh per day at a minimum. But today we've got about an inch of snow on the panels, and my SolarEdge monitoring app is reporting a whopping 6 wh for today.
With a ~8.2 kW system, my minimum was 0.7 kWh for a day - with the snow system we had on 12/16 (that started the solarglass avalanches thread.) Today has had slightly fewer clouds, and the snow slid off the roof, so we are already ahead of that (though at 0.9 kWh so far, not exactly a good day.)

Reactions: willow_hiller
I have a 16.32 kW and the highest I have seen since the system went live in late November is 7.1Kw. That was a quick peak, not sustained. I have a lot of shading from trees on the south side (front of house). Also, 12 of my panels face north which I have found to be pretty useless this time of year in CT. The highest daily generation I have seen so far is 28.5 kWh. I may ride it out until summer to see what my numbers look like before I start cutting down trees.

My lowest was 0 production after a big snowstorm that completely covered all of the panels. Got another one headed our way tomorrow so looking forward to that!

Last edited:
I just got PTO in late December in Central Florida for an 8.16kW, 24 panel system with an SE7600 inverter. My best day, so far, has been 1/28 with 47.1kWh. My best production has been today at 1pm with 7.8kW. Produced 949kWh in January but relocated 3 big palm trees in the middle of the month that upped production by over 20%. Numbers have exceeded my expectations.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Interesting. I do have allergies, but we are pretty good about putting fans in the windows at night. Does it seem to pull in more dust than using fans in windows?

i think it is about the same. I used to have box fans in windows until I got 3 1500cfm quietcool fans 15 years ago. They have worked great. When my allergies got really bad, I used 3M fíltrete filters wedged into one open window. That way all the air was filtered. Worked exceptionally well especially with dust. But it cuts out probably half your airflow. I have double pane windows so I found 2 sizes that fit perfect taped together with duct tape. Wasn’t the prettiest to look at, but only needed to do it about one month out of the year. I really endorse the whole house fans. The quiet cool ones we have are probably gen 1. But a team of 3 guys and 4 hours and it was done. Now I have zwave switches on them so I can operate them remotely if we know we are going to be out late (and leave a window open). Also have an automation to turn off the one in the master if the temp drops below 65F. I have had not one problem with the fans - and they cut the attic heat down FAST. You can tell I kicked them on at 4pm. BE782138-C915-4B9D-8A16-A4D0D57C6561.jpeg

I have a 15.12kWp system and I consistently average 100-107kWh’s per day in June. Located in SoCal. I do have my pool solar heating tubes running behind my solar panels absorbing the heat off the back of them so it appears to make the PV panels run more efficiently during the hot summer months.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve