TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What's the maximum passenger height for the MS jump seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by atr2016, Aug 2, 2016.

1. atr2016

atr2016 Member

Tesla site talks about a maximum weight of ~70 lbs.

My kids are skinny so I'm more concerned about useful life of the seats (when will they outgrow it?) based on maximum height.

Any info available? Any first-hand experiences?

2. RIZE

RIZE Member

Wrong forum. You probably want to place this in the Model S forum.

3. EV Family

EV Family Like Tesla

All the info you want is on my video here.

• Disagree x 1
  4. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Active Member

Ok, thanks for posting that video of your family including your son picking his nose. That's 3 minutes 27 seconds of my life I'll never get back! Despite what you said, your video does not address the OP's question about maximum height for the seats.

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  5. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Active Member

My 11.5 year old son is 59" tall and can still ride there comfortably (head not touching the padded headliner) in a pinch but prefers the middle row.

6. atr2016

atr2016 Member

Yes, nice catch. I guess that was one side of my brain's way to tell the other side I want a Model X.

I did find the answer on some random forum, it's around 60 inches.

7. EV Family

EV Family Like Tesla

Pretty sure you chose to watch and waste the 3:27 on your own accord. The only other comment redirected the OP so I was trying to provide any insight as he/she requested.

• Disagree x 1
  8. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Active Member

Well your false statement that "all the info you want is on my video here" was a bit misleading. If you had said "here's a video of my wife and kid checking out the jump seats in a loaner model S" I probably wouldn't have watched it. Seriously, why post that stuff to a public forum?

9. EV Family

EV Family Like Tesla

Negative much? My goodness hate to see how you would be if you drove an ICE. It's just a forum, I'm trying to help, why be so Trump about it?

10. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Active Member

Just callin' it as I see it man. Your "trying to help" seemed more about uploading a random video of your family.