TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What's the New Software Update About?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by martinwinlow, Mar 4, 2016.

1. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

Got a notification this morning - about to install it...

MW
    MS60
    Apr2015

2. Graham 90D

Graham 90D Member

Rumours of Summon for UK, got my notification this morning, haven't had time to install yet...

3. Graham 90D

Graham 90D Member

Release Notes

Sorry about the orientation

IMG_1957.JPG IMG_1953.JPG IMG_1954.JPG

4. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

#4 martinwinlow, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    Oh. Summon. Ho-hum!

Thought it might be something useful - like a slew of really basic stuff eg having a speed warning proportional to the cars speed rather than just being merely additive so it works with the way speed limits are enforced in the UK (ACPO says a driver should not be prosecuted for doing up to the speed limit X 1.1 (10%) + 2 MPH). AND having a setting that allows the car to actually stick to what it believes is the speed limit is (subject to the rule above).

The S has this enormous screen... why not use it? How much extra code would it take? If I sound a tad bitter it's because, having had no speeding tickets for 25 years, since buying the MS, I've had 2 in 6 months! Both times AP caught me out. So watch it! MW

5. Whitmarsh

Whitmarsh Member

Yes, I think it would be much better if the overage were set as a % rather than as a fixed figure. It's very tedious constantly being told (and perhaps bonged) that you are doing 74 (assuming you've set the overage at 4 so that you don't get whacked in a 30 limit).

The S has this enormous screen... why not use it? How much extra code would it take? If I sound a tad bitter it's because, having had no speeding tickets for 25 years, since buying the MS, I've had 2 in 6 months! Both times AP caught me out. So watch it! MW[/QUOTE]

6. Henryv

Henryv Member

Road Angel has been my friend and saviour for many years.
    I hear it will not work in the Tesla because of the protection on the EV windscreen?
    Is there a place that is not covered, on the windscreen?
    Any other ideas?