Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the New Software Update About?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Release Notes

Sorry about the orientation

IMG_1957.JPG
IMG_1953.JPG
IMG_1954.JPG

Oh. Summon. Ho-hum!

Thought it might be something useful - like a slew of really basic stuff eg having a speed warning proportional to the cars speed rather than just being merely additive so it works with the way speed limits are enforced in the UK (ACPO says a driver should not be prosecuted for doing up to the speed limit X 1.1 (10%) + 2 MPH). AND having a setting that allows the car to actually stick to what it believes is the speed limit is (subject to the rule above).

The S has this enormous screen... why not use it? How much extra code would it take? If I sound a tad bitter it's because, having had no speeding tickets for 25 years, since buying the MS, I've had 2 in 6 months! Both times AP caught me out. So watch it! MW

Last edited:
Oh. Summon. Ho-hum!

Thought it might be something useful - like a slew of really basic stuff eg having a speed warning proportional to the cars speed rather than just being merely additive so it works with the way speed limits are enforced in the UK (ACPO says a driver should not be prosecuted for doing up to the speed limit X 1.1 (10%) + 2 MPH). AND having a setting that allows the car to actually stick to what it believes is the speed limit is (subject to the rule above).
Yes, I think it would be much better if the overage were set as a % rather than as a fixed figure. It's very tedious constantly being told (and perhaps bonged) that you are doing 74 (assuming you've set the overage at 4 so that you don't get whacked in a 30 limit).

The S has this enormous screen... why not use it? How much extra code would it take? If I sound a tad bitter it's because, having had no speeding tickets for 25 years, since buying the MS, I've had 2 in 6 months! Both times AP caught me out. So watch it! MW[/QUOTE]