Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the point of the Auto Frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
Each to their own and all that, but to me, even if it uses a motor to open fully (and to close), I don't see the point if you have to either (1) tap an icon in the cell phone app or (2) get inside the car and tap on the screen or (3) spend even more on a key fob and tap on that

It's still got to be really annoying if you have arms full of groceries that you want to put in there. If there was an external button like there is at the back, then I'd probably go for it

(even though I still think this should have been part of the factory build, but that's a different story)

Auto frunk seems like a great accessory to me. It should have it to begin with and makes the car feel much more premium. The loud cheap sounding frunk pop is terrible. You can add a foot swipe to the front if you’re really concerned about convenience.

I like my auto frunk. I use the frunk space more since I have it. the problem with it from factory is that you have to actually do something physical for opening and closing. I agree with the OP that it should have some kind of external button like in the back for opening. My walk around is use my watch app to open it. . For closing I use the internal button and works every single time.

Reactions: 101dals